What are your thoughts on Britney frequently collaborating with artists who haven't achieved significant success?

She has only like 4 collabs with artists that are on her level, 2 of them are remixes:

• Madonna
  • Rihanna
  • Elton John
  • Nicki

The rest...

• Don Philip
  • Ying Yang Twinks
  • Sabi
  • T.I.
  • Jamie Lynn
  • Iggy Azalea
  • G-Eazy
  • Tinashe
  • will.i.am (he's a flop now)

Enough is enough

tiffany-pollard.gif

I think when like a C-list artist collaborates on a song with a well-established artist, it always negatively impacts the song's success.

With the rumored EP of features, we could potentially see like ten more collaborations with some unknown artists, Britney literally hates us :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Edited by Henry.
8 minutes ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

Just listen if you like, pass it if you hate.

It goes beyond that, collaborating with artists like them actually hinders her from reaching a broader audience with her new music, as it seems that people aren't particularly interested in her teaming up with C-list artists. Pretty Girls, Make Me, Slumber Party, Mind Your Business. People don't care and both teams suck and don't promote these songs. What is the purpose of releasing singles in such a manner, catering to only a limited audience of like 10 fans? Her music undoubtedly deserves a much larger audience

Edited by Henry.
  • Like 3

will.i.am has dominated the 2000s and early 10s with the BEP and on his own, he isn't really someone who hasn't achieved much, what are you on lol

As for the others in the D-list, those were features planted by the label to push those artists through Britney. Iggy in 2015 was quite relevant and the aim there was to try to repeat the success of Fancy with Pretty Girls (but we all know how that ended...)

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

As much as I enjoy some of the collabs,

Her label needs to get her to release SOLO singles!

The last solo single she's released was Perfume in 2013, 

which was 10 YEARS AGO!

What is with all of these collabs?

Is it that they don't trust that Britney can sell on her own anymore?

Its just confusing.

I also think alot of these singles flopped cause of these C-List singers/rappers on her songs.

She should be collabing with A-listers.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Well I don't think it's fair to say that about will.i.am he was pretty big for a while as were The Black Eyed Peas. T.I. had a lot of hits in the 2000s too. As pointed out, she also collabed with Pharrell Williams who's also massive, not forgetting Backstreet Boys who are one of the biggest selling boybands of all time.

Ying Yang Twings, Iggy Azalea and G-Eazy all had like one or two hits and seemed like they were going to be big at one point. Tinashe may not have had loads of hits but she's well respected in the R&B scene, still makes music and is well known enough to have appeared as a contestant on Dancing On the Stars :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Most of the other collabs were labelmates. I mean Don Philip was also on Jive, Tinashe was on RCA, so was G-Eazy. Sabi was most likely on Femme Fatale as Dr Luke, who executive produced the album, signed her to his Kemosabe label through RCA, Britney's future label she would end up with by the end of 2011 due to the Jive shutdown. It seems like Jiva/RCA/Britney's team thought the albums would help promote/introduce these artists to new audiences even if it didn't really work. 

And as for Jamie Lynn? Well she's Britney's sister and I guess Britney thought she was doing her a favour by having her on Britney Jean ddd

Edited by Isla
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block