What are your thoughts on Britney frequently collaborating with artists who haven't achieved significant success?

7 hours ago, Henry. said:

She has only like 4 collabs with artists that are on her level, 2 of them are remixes:

• Madonna
  • Rihanna
  • Elton John
  • Nicki

The rest...

• Don Philip
  • Ying Yang Twinks
  • Sabi
  • T.I.
  • Jamie Lynn
  • Iggy Azalea
  • G-Eazy
  • Tinashe
  • will.i.am (he's a flop now)

Enough is enough

tiffany-pollard.gif

I think when like a C-list artist collaborates on a song with a well-established artist, it always negatively impacts the song's success.

With the rumored EP of features, we could potentially see like ten more collaborations with some unknown artists, Britney literally hates us :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

You forgot the Miley collab

:jamie_lynn_grape:

Spoiler

:miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

The Ying Yang Twins were popular when she worked with them, they just didn’t last. 

Make Me is one of my all time favorite songs from her and I think G-Eazy was a perfect fit, but I do wish she worked with more people on her level! Sabi and Tinashe were definitely her team/label’s push to get them exposure….the Sabi collaboration is so embarrassing thanks Larry 🙄 apparently Britney really wanted Charli XCX on the Slumber Party remix 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Henry. said:

It goes beyond that, collaborating with artists like them actually hinders her from reaching a broader audience with her new music, as it seems that people aren't particularly interested in her teaming up with C-list artists. Pretty Girls, Make Me, Slumber Party, Mind Your Business. People don't care and both teams suck and don't promote these songs. What is the purpose of releasing singles in such a manner, catering to only a limited audience of like 10 fans? Her music undoubtedly deserves a much larger audience

I agree. I think mostly it was her label, iirc most of these people were either part of her label or managed by her managers, so the label and managers probably used Britney to boost the sales of the other artists and I don’t think Britney had a say. 

• Love 2

It depends on who the artist is. I think it would be cool if she collaborated with less-known/popular artists like Tove Lo, Doeechi, Rina Sawayama etc These are people among many that I respect for their talent. 

Should she only collaborate with legends or icons? I don't think so. I don't consider Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish or Sam Smith as legends but if she wants too she should collaborate with them.

14 hours ago, Henry. said:

She has only like 4 collabs with artists that are on her level, 2 of them are remixes:

• Madonna
  • Rihanna
  • Elton John
  • Nicki

The rest...

• Don Philip
  • Ying Yang Twinks
  • Sabi
  • T.I.
  • Jamie Lynn
  • Iggy Azalea
  • G-Eazy
  • Tinashe
  • will.i.am (he's a flop now)

Enough is enough

tiffany-pollard.gif

I think when like a C-list artist collaborates on a song with a well-established artist, it always negatively impacts the song's success.

With the rumored EP of features, we could potentially see like ten more collaborations with some unknown artists, Britney literally hates us :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

TI is a mainstream artist if you listened to hiphop in the 2000s and early 2010s

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block