Billboard names these artists as strong contenders for the MTV Video Vanguard Award at the VMA’s

Cqleb

Honestly, they should skip it this year. The show is gonna be messed up due to the writers' strike.

Did anyone else catch the MTV Movie Awards this year?  It was unwatchable and aired completely pre-taped segments that were in no order with zero presenters and zero live audience and zero host.  They just smooshed in Drew's pre-taped interludes and announced winners with a VO and aired a billion commercials.  

Honestly 2023's worst moment in Television.

I've been wondering for a while now how much longer the VMAs will even happen, viewership is down to a point where they have to be losing money with how much they spend on the show.

• Like 1

Some, if not all of you, are still living in the past. There are plenty of brilliant artists out there who are releasing sonic and visual masterpieces. Just because the artist isn’t from the 90s or 2000s doesn’t mean they aren’t deserving of it. 

That being said, Eminem deserves it more out of anyone from that list. Then, Shakira. From the newer generation — Drake, Miley, Taylor, Nicki, Kendrick, The Weeknd and Bad Bunny are all fantastic contenders.

Edited by BadBunny

• Katy Perry
• Kendrick Lamar
• The Weeknd
• Ariana Grande
• Jonas Brothers
• Bruno Mars
• Selena Gomez
• Drake
• Miley Cyrus
• Taylor Swift

if VMAs Video Vanguard Award is for videography, it should be either

• Katy, even Witness has videos that are memorable, after that dunno
  • Kendrick Lamar has great videos, yet the GP is not so familiar with his videography
  • The Weeknd maybe only for his After Hours era, otherwise, i'd give him more time
  • Taylor Swift. Her videography post Red is beyond anyone and at this point, she's at the level of Beyoncé (i don't count Ready for It which is just a bunch of CGI and End Game which is eww)

From the four mentioned, it's Taylor imho. But dunno what they give Vanguard award for these days. Some artists in the past has one or none memorable video yet they got this award

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, BadBunny said:

That being said, Eminem deserves it more out of anyone from that list. Then, Shakira. From the newer generation — Drake, Miley, Taylor, Nicki, Kendrick, The Weeknd and Bad Bunny are all fantastic contenders.

Agree about Eminem and Shakira.

Dunno about Drake and The Weeknd.

Nicki got one last year and tbh Red Ruby Da Sleeze and Super Freaky Girl and now this Barbie video are all a cgi mess

As for Miley, she got two memorable vids from 2013, one nice beautiful from like 2016 (Malibu) and the one controversial from 2019 (Mother's Daughter) and now that is boring yet it got attention because it was shot in a house where Liam allegedly cheated.

Kendrick yes and Bad Bunny yes.

:mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

5 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Some of those people don’t even have memorable music videos. It’s like if you can stick around for 10 years, then you can get a Vanguard award. 

I think if anyone deserves it at this point, it should go to Lady Gaga. 

Gaga deserves it so fückïng much. If they want a real show, I’d give it to her. 

Jada Pinkett Smith Point GIF by Red Table Talk

Who should get the award that hasn't yet (before who this bb list) :

Shakira 

Usher

Shania Twain 

Busta Rhymes 

Christina Aguilera 

The Killers

Aaliyah ( It been 20 years since she pass, Her impact is undeniable, A lot her video still hold up I don't see it this year hopefully threw the 22 or 25 anniversary)

Fall Out Boy

TLC

Nas

Sade

Kylie Minogue ( even though she never been the stable in the us, I still see her get it base on her video catalog)

Also

I think Lady Gaga Got the award as the tricon award ( they were trying to replace/title the award)

I can see 

Taylor 

Weekend 

Doja Cat

Miley Cyrus 

Bruno Mars and some of the others being future winners of this award but other before them who have not yet got the award should be honored first

Edited by RC2
6 hours ago, dran said:

I agree... do they have to give it to someone? 

I noticed in some years, no one received it. Between 2007-2010, no one got it. 2011 Britney received it.. then again between 2020-2021 no one received it...

DON'T GIVE OUT AWARDS FOR NO REASON

Facts. All of this!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block