Billboard names these artists as strong contenders for the MTV Video Vanguard Award at the VMA’s

Cqleb

• Content Curators

According to Billboard these are the main candidates for the 'MTV Video Vanguard Award' . Who deserves it?

• Katy Perry
• Kendrick Lamar
• The Weeknd
• Ariana Grande
• Jonas Brothers
• Bruno Mars
• Selena Gomez
• Drake
• Miley Cyrus
• Taylor Swift

taylor-swift-mtv-vmas-2015-billboard-154
T.CO

The Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award will again be presented by MTV at this year's Video Music...

• Haha 1

I love TS,  but most of these people don't even have memorable MVs at all! Do they really have to award somebody? It's like awarding for the sake of awarding. MTV has lost its touch sadly. Tbh, awarding any of these people (except TS, my bias), would be an insult to the pop legends previously awarded this award.

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
27 minutes ago, itsjames said:

I love TS,  but most of these people don't even have memorable MVs at all! Do they really have to award somebody? It's like awarding for the sake of awarding. MTV has lost its touch sadly. Tbh, awarding any of these people (except TS, my bias), would be an insult to the pop legends previously awarded this award.

I agree... do they have to give it to someone? 

I noticed in some years, no one received it. Between 2007-2010, no one got it. 2011 Britney received it.. then again between 2020-2021 no one received it...

DON'T GIVE OUT AWARDS FOR NO REASON

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Kendrick should be the winner. His music videos are amazing. Maybe not as iconic or memorable as others but at least they have cinematic value and reinvention. 

I guess that Katy has iconic music videos but does she deserve it now?  Post-Prism, yes definitely she was ruling pop music. Now, she became a bit irrelevant to the general public.

In reality, we all know that Taylor will receive it. She has some iconic and good music videos. She will probably receive it for her huge career and not just the videos. Plus, she has been directing her own music videos lately so that would be one more brag for her. 

Edited by OverCrazy
  • Love 3

• Katy Perry - no. The most basic *** pop star you can think of. 
• Kendrick Lamar - unfamiliar 
• The Weeknd - not there yet 
• Ariana Grande -no thank you, next 
• Jonas Brothers -why not Hanson?
• Bruno Mars - unfamiliar 
• Selena Gomez -nnnnnnn I mean not yet 
• Drake - I guess 
• Miley Cyrus - closer 
• Taylor Swift - do you really expect anyone else to win with her in the same category? 

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, dran said:

I agree... do they have to give it to someone? 

I noticed in some years, no one received it. Between 2007-2010, no one got it. 2011 Britney received it.. then again between 2020-2021 no one received it...

DON'T GIVE OUT AWARDS FOR NO REASON

Next thing we know, they'd give it to Shawn Mendez or whoever is out there who has 0 iconic, let alone recognizable music video.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MikeHunt said:

Some of those people don’t even have memorable music videos. It’s like if you can stick around for 10 years, then you can get a Vanguard award. 

I think if anyone deserves it at this point, it should go to Lady Gaga. 

It’s not just about music videos, it’s also about cultural relevance and impact.  Also, Gaga received hers in the form of a Tricon Award. If I’m not mistaken, MTV will now be replacing the Vanguard as the Tricon.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block