why were they altering britney's voice?

Honestly just think it was due to the evolution of pop music, don’t think there was anything more sinister to it than that.  Look at Blackout, incredible album, but vocally super produced. Pop music just evolved to be more heavily produced than in the late 90’s through early 00’s.

• Love 5
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, G-unit said:

Honestly just think it was due to the evolution of pop music, don’t think there was anything more sinister to it than that.  Look at Blackout, incredible album, but vocally super produced. Pop music just evolved to be more heavily produced than in the late 90’s through early 00’s.

Yeah that's true.

Music after the 90s and early 2000s changed to a more autotune dance pop style especially in the early 2010s.

5 hours ago, G-unit said:

I agree but also that doesn't explain "Alien". The autotune or melodyne or whatever was just bad on that one. It's like they didn't even care.

Sabotage. 

14 hours ago, humstarr said:

I agree but also that doesn't explain "Alien". The autotune or melodyne or whatever was just bad on that one. It's like they didn't even care.

Sabotage. 

true. and moreover this chipmunkey voice was super weird. like I understand autotune but what is too much is too much

I miss the classic Britney voice and not saying BOMT voice but Britney/ITZ does not sound outdated.

Also it seems B always wanted to go more urban, rbn but she was always pushed too poppy and commercial

6 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

true. and moreover this chipmunkey voice was super weird. like I understand autotune but what is too much is too much

I miss the classic Britney voice and not saying BOMT voice but Britney/ITZ does not sound outdated.

Also it seems B always wanted to go more urban, rbn but she was always pushed too poppy and commercial

sorry but the BOMT's deep voices outshines all her other voices :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

• Like 1

Because high-pitch baby voice is the "staple" Britney voice, and they didn't want to risk the brand, seeing as they only cared about the money. They manipulated it too much and they ****ed up, it didn't sound natural, they were boring, old, greedy people who enjoyed stifling her real voice in all aspects, so sabotaging her was par for the course for them. Also, they were probably ashamed of her/not believing in her, probably though her voice was not good enough, aging, damaged or whatever (and therefore not commercially successful), and they tried to hide it by filtering it, tweaking it -- or replacing it with someone else. :clownery_makeup_meme:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block