Britney, Madonna and Christina's full 2003 VMAs rehearsal surfaces (video)

4 hours ago, Tetris said:

That’s the impression I get as well. I think both she and Madonna lip synched on the cake, and then both went live for the rest of the number once they were down on the stage. Xtina clearly live the whole time, so props to her I guess. 

Actually I think Madonna sang her intro live too. There are some differences in her vocals, particularly at the "looks so good" part. In the rehearsal she sang that line more whereas in the live show it felt like she "spoke" it more.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, xtianlofbritney said:

Is this still a Britney forum?? I read the comments and I’m like wtf

This…. Anyway queens were serving and I assure it’s not easy to dance and sing and the same time even If you are barely moving as some envy person told. Thats why they have millions and why we are just talking about it. it’s called being a popstar?!? should be in the vocabulary…

madonna look it up GIF

• Haha 2

Finally…thanks for posting. I think we all owe an apology to the owner of that site, most of us didnt think this would actually leak. I love seeing rehearsal footage and Britney looks beyond beautiful.

On a side note, Christina’s kiss sucked even in rehearsals. And I always thought they turned her mic off during the middle of the performance so we wouldn’t hear her screaming over everyone, but looks like they turned it off even in rehearsals. :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe: Even with her powerful voice, Britney outshined and outperformed. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Haha 4
4 hours ago, Yasux34 said:

Why did she feel the need to use playback when the other 2 girls didnt? o.0 No hate 

She was probably nervous since it's Madonna she's singing with and she probably thought her natural voice was more weak that Xtina's. She was going to get overshadowed vocally by Xtina either way.

• Love 3
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Body ache said:

She was probably nervous since it's Madonna she's singing with and she probably thought her natural voice was more weak that Xtina's. She was going to get overshadowed vocally by Xtina either way.

She should have known better !! Her voice fits this track way better than Xtina . 

Madonna is lip syncing too... it's very clear. for those saying it's just britney 

On a side note I'll never understand how they tried to get Pink and Jlo to do this... it was always these 3 as the obvious choice. I'm grateful we had this as the final product!!! 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, Richie said:

Madonna is lip syncing too... it's very clear. for those saying it's just britney 

On a side note I'll never understand how they tried to get Pink and Jlo to do this... it was always these 3 as the obvious choice. I'm grateful we had this as the final product!!! 

4... Missy Elliott in the middle of the performance 

• Love 1

what else do you guys think was a lie about her career?

like I don’t mean a lie in a negative way but for example at the time they claimed the kiss wasn’t planned or something; but seeing the rehearsal we know it was.

I wonder what else we’ve been lied about and we still don’t know.

10 hours ago, Itscuzim31 said:

Christina looking like a sewer rat and pissed to be there. Not surprising. And out of the 4 of them the only ones that didn’t interact w each other were B and X when dancing around.  

10 hours ago, Flavor Of Love said:

Christina looks for some reason really awkward :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

8 hours ago, JP9101 said:

Xtina looked weird :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

britney amazing, beautiful, perfect 

8 hours ago, Dave92 said:

Christina gives off such a negative vibe. I wonder if she’s more comfortable nowadays, being more low-key and promoting a new brand of lube. :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Xtina looks weird because she has no makeup, (Britney looks better without makeup is a fact)
Xtina looks awkward 'cause when the 3 of them are dancing in the center of the stage, she doesn't have where to adjust her microphone inside her shirt,  because her shirt is wide and she's not wearing a bra, so she avoids dropping it with her hands at all times.

Edited by Alex Murr
2 hours ago, Richie said:

Xtina was already going to perform, they did not think of her for this because she already had one, it is not common to perform 2 times. When you think of someone, you don't think of someone who is already going to perform.

Britney was perhaps already a first choice and JLo and Pink and others were for Xtina's part.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block