Why did this get adopted as the pride flag?

" Color meanings: The initial rainbow flag had eight colors, including pink to represent s**, red for life, orange for healing, yellow for sunlight, green for nature, turquoise for art, indigo for harmony, and violet for spirit. "

The original flag was inclusive of everyone and colors never represented each group of people, we just live in the effing era when everybody feels offended by anything

Edited by MIKE_INT
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Do you have anything to substantiate your claims besides right wing grifters calling LGBT people groomers for existing?

lmao lets not act like those kinda of people haven't try to get into the movement before and to me it's very suspicious how suddenly this recent years they have focused a lot in kids and educational system considering there's a lot to do for grown ups part of the community.

Also, Is this LGBTQ+ thing a religion that i'm not allowed to question their acts? I know not the whole movement are groomer or pedos or degenerates but you never know who are in power on this movement, how are the political relations and who funds this stuff.

To me, personally, LGBTQ+ movement was kidnapped together with feminism and people with other goals took the control. Social movements don't have establishment support, that's unreal.

Also, important to remember. Famous people and Brands aren't allies, they don't have "moral" teams, they have marketing teams.

Edited by X_M
  • Love 1

I have no issue with including the stripes to represent LGBTQ+ people of color who feel they have been excluded from the mainstream LGBTQ+ community, but we have to remember these stripes only represent **LGBTQ+** people of color. Not people of color in general. 

My issue are people who claim to be LGBTQ+ who use non-human pronouns. No, there is no such thing as being "bunself" or "bugself" or "faerself." Trans people exist and provided they are a consenting adult 18+ should be allowed to transition any way they see fit, but that is entirely separate from what I am describing, and I am not behind all of the trans-species, otherkin, I identify as something other than human and use "neopronouns" crap. This has nothing to do with being queer, it is just attention-seeking people trying to feel special and latch themselves onto the actual LGBTQ+ community and they are making us all look like we are insane. Enough is enough!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Delicious Pork Chops said:

Y’all are weird in this thread. Get a grip and a job

I agree but such is exhale. 

1 hour ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Do you have anything to substantiate your claims besides right wing grifters calling LGBT people groomers for existing?

no for real this is crazy and these reactions start all because there’s a version of the flag that officiates LGBTQ people of colour from the flag that are often excluded from movements, or have very different experiences at large. @Jordan Miller I suspect we keep these discussions up because of freedom of speech, but the last few weeks have really shown me this website is very much leaning on the defence of white people constantly in the name of freedom of speech. Not sure if that’s the kind of community you want to foster but here we are 

Edited by Rik vs Exhale
11 minutes ago, Dcarp999 said:

My issue are people who claim to be LGBTQ+ who use non-human pronouns. No, there is no such thing as being "bunself" or "bugself" or "faerself." Trans people exist and provided they are a consenting adult 18+ should be allowed to transition any way they see fit, but that is entirely separate from what I am describing, and I am not behind all of the trans-species, otherkin, I identify as something other than human and use "neopronouns" crap. This has nothing to do with being queer, it is just attention-seeking people trying to feel special and latch themselves onto the actual LGBTQ+ community and they are making us all look like we are insane. Enough is enough!

Like Demi Lovato? 

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, Viking84 said:

That's not true. Trans women are women. They are not biological women. But they are born with the female gender. It's not someone who chooses they would rather be a woman. It's a change which occurs in the brain during pregnancy which causes the person to even feel that their ***ual organs are wrong from their earliest memories. It's something which is hard to understand unless you are trans or are an exceptionally empathetic person.

No I do understand what trans people go through, its not really that complicated as people make it.

But to say they are women is not true, as gender is a subjective thing, while s** is an objective thing.

But at the end of the day ill treat them as a real women, and weather they are real women or not will never come up, its just online that people get into that debate.

1 hour ago, fays1 said:

No I do understand what trans people go through, its not really that complicated as people make it.

But to say they are women is not true, as gender is a subjective thing, while s** is an objective thing.

But at the end of the day ill treat them as a real women, and weather they are real women or not will never come up, its just online that people get into that debate.

Biological s** and gender are two different things. Nobody is denying that. But think about it this way. Inter*** people are people born both male and female biologically, for example XXY with both parts ***** and *******. Despite this, the large majority feel very strongly that they are male or female. Non-trans people have aligned gender and s**, so they never really realise how much more than your genitals gender actually is. It's not as simple as a ***** or a *******. 

6 minutes ago, Viking84 said:

Biological s** and gender are two different things. Nobody is denying that. But think about it this way. Inter*** people are people born both male and female biologically, for example XXY with both parts ***** and *******. Despite this, the large majority feel very strongly that they are male or female. Non-trans people have aligned gender and s**, so they never really realise how much more than your genitals gender actually is. It's not as simple as a ***** or a *******. 

Yes I generally agree with what you said, but I think we should go by s** rather than gender because gender is fluid and subjective. Its more scientific and practical to know trans women are men who transitioned into a woman through their gender. I know it sounds horrible, but nobody would say it like this outside of a debate that we are having.

Im a conservative, so im gonna have a different opinion than you on this, but at the end of the day ill treat and respect trans women as women.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block