Why did this get adopted as the pride flag?

10 minutes ago, Sia said:

If calling you woke is the worst I've done today then I must be soooo bad.

For my own curiosity, weren't vikings known for their barbaric acts and violent colonization of land? 

*Goes to lookup the definition of hypocrite again*

Using the word woke as a slur just exposes you for the horrible excuse of a human being you are.

The reason for my username is that I am Swedish. Nice reach, though.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Viking84 said:

Using the word woke as a slur just exposes you for the horrible excuse of a human being you are.

The reason for my username is that I am Swedish. Nice reach, though.

So by your definition, if I changed my username to ElChapo then it's cool because I'm Mexican.

So it's hypocritical to be a gay conservative, but it's not hypocritical to celebrate people that did horrible things to others.

Man...I'm really starting to like your logic.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Sia said:

So by your definition, if I changed my username to ElChapo then it's cool because I'm Mexican.

So it's hypocritical to be a gay conservative, but it's not hypocritical to celebrate people that did horrible things to others.

Man...I'm really starting to like your logic.

I haven't celebrated anyone. 

You, however, are a hypocrite. You are gay and Hispanic and think it's OK for another minority group to be discriminated against. You lack empathy for other people and think you are special. You are the worst of the worst.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Viking84 said:

I haven't celebrated anyone. 

You, however, are a hypocrite. You are gay and Hispanic and think it's OK for another minority group to be discriminated against. You lack empathy for other people and think you are special. You are the worst of the worst.

Hm, so should we assume that the trans community lacks empathy because one of their own shot up a school of children?

I’ll wait…

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
On 6/16/2023 at 3:18 PM, jordeezyIZkarma said:

410gEqPXQSS._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.

Pride month was supposed to be celebration of hom0saxal history. Why did straight people get inserted into the community via this flag? Who chose this flag? Why has it replaced the original in almost all corporate ads? 

Here's how I understood what you mean: why straight (cisgender hetero***ual) people need to be included in that flag? That's a question I have too... I mean cisgender hetero***ual people were never excluded from society for being hetero***ual and cisgender. Maybe that's not what you meant. But once I saw a video where someone said that the '+' from LGBTQIAPN+ means straight hetero***ual people too. Maybe it's including people who identify as trans women or trans men and then feel attached to the opposite gender... But still: they are not exactly straight hetero***ual people. They trans hetero***ual people which make them be excluded or mistreated in society. That's my point. Sorry if my English looks odd, I'm not an American fluent speaker. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Viking84 said:

Nobody needs philosophy for anything. As I said, it's a precursor to science. It was something created by people to understand the world before science and psychology. Just the same way religion was invented to try to understand thing. I have already explained to you what it means to be trans. I shouldn't have to explain it again.

I never said the US became a dictatorship under Trump. I said it almost became one. The Republicans tried to turn the US into a dictatorship with propaganda. Did you miss the part where he tried to get his supporters to overturn the election?

Should the Pride flag be flown on public government property?

I want a scientific answer to that question considering you said philosophy is invalid

Obviously as you can see, science is not capable of answering such questions

Edited by fays1
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Sia said:

Hm, so should we assume that the trans community lacks empathy because one of their own shot up a school of children?

I’ll wait…

😑🤦‍♂️ I don't know why I even keep bothering with you because it's like talking to a wall.

Those two situations are ENTIRELY different. Someone shooting up a school has nothing to do with their gender, ***ual orientation or skin colour. But as someone who has suffered discrimination as a result of being a Latino gay, I would expect you to have more empathy for the struggles of other minorities. But you are probably a narcissist or sociopath and therefore lack empathy for others and only care about yourself. 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Viking84 said:

😑🤦‍♂️ I don't know why I even keep bothering with you because it's like talking to a wall.

Those two situations are ENTIRELY different. Someone shooting up a school has nothing to do with their gender, ***ual orientation or skin colour. But as someone who has suffered discrimination as a result of being a Latino gay, I would expect you to have more empathy for the struggles of other minorities. But you are probably a narcissist or sociopath and therefore lack empathy for others and only care about yourself. 

I brought that up to show YOUR hypocrisy. You have absolutely no problem generalizing conservatives but are quick to ensure that we don't generalize the trans-community. It works both ways unless you're just being selective so that it benefits your own cause.

As for "suffering discrimination," if I have experienced discrimination in my life then I was none the wiser to it and it clearly did not hinder my life.

In fact, I should point out that despite being a gay Latino, I was able to get through my adolescence successfully, attended college, obtained a college degree, have thrived in my career, am in a position of executive leadership and live an overall ideal life. If I were to adopt the toxic mindset that I am inferior because of who I am, I too would probably be as upset as you are thinking that the world is against me.

If choosing to live a life away from victimhood is your idea of being selfish and a narcissist with no empathy, then by all means shout it from the rooftop until you turn blue. Trust me, it's not going to hurt my feelings because at the end of the day, I know what I do for the betterment of the community I live in and I know where my choices in life have gotten me.

So go ahead, keep preaching, keep pushing agendas into people's faces because at the end of the day, you've done ZERO to gain my support which after all, is what you need. Remember, YOU need the conservative support and if this is your way of gaining it then you're just crappy at it.

Good luck to you.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Sia said:

I brought that up to show YOUR hypocrisy. You have absolutely no problem generalizing conservatives but are quick to ensure that we don't generalize the trans-community. It works both ways unless you're just being selective so that it benefits your own cause.

As for "suffering discrimination," if I have experienced discrimination in my life then I was none the wiser to it and it clearly did not hinder my life.

In fact, I should point out that despite being a gay Latino, I was able to get through my adolescence successfully, attended college, obtained a college degree, have thrived in my career, am in a position of executive leadership and live an overall ideal life. If I were to adopt the toxic mindset that I am inferior because of who I am, I too would probably be as upset as you are thinking that the world is against me.

If choosing to live a life away from victimhood is your idea of being selfish and a narcissist with no empathy, then by all means shout it from the rooftop until you turn blue. Trust me, it's not going to hurt my feelings because at the end of the day, I know what I do for the betterment of the community I live in and I know where my choices in life have gotten me.

So go ahead, keep preaching, keep pushing agendas into people's faces because at the end of the day, you've done ZERO to gain my support which after all, is what you need. Remember, YOU need the conservative support and if this is your way of gaining it then you're just crappy at it.

Good luck to you.

Sorry, but you have only revealed YOUR hypocrisy. Nothing about what I have said it hypocritical, no matter how you like to twist it. 

Whatever success you have had in your life doesn't take away from the importance of fighting for equality for everyone. It shows just how selfish you are. You only see your point of view. You show no empathy for those people in the world who struggle because they are LGBT, or coloured etc. The world is much bigger than Texas or the US. Maybe not in your tiny mind. But it is. 

Nothing will convince you because you lack the brains and empathy to think of anything other than yourself. You aren't as important as you think. But by keeping an open conversation, someone who isn't as stubborn, narrow-minded and selfish as you might see the light. 

Peace out.

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block