Why did this get adopted as the pride flag?

23 hours ago, jordeezyIZkarma said:

hom0saxal

Girl… :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: 

*******ual or *******uality is not a cursed or even bad word to hide between numbers

omg, how the hell exhale block even saying those words. HOW THE HELL IS IT OFFENSIVE TO ANYONE??

Big Eyes Wow GIF by Rooster Teeth

Edited by RebelMe
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Rik vs Exhale said:

I agree but such is exhale. 

no for real this is crazy and these reactions start all because there’s a version of the flag that officiates LGBTQ people of colour from the flag that are often excluded from movements, or have very different experiences at large. @Jordan Miller I suspect we keep these discussions up because of freedom of speech, but the last few weeks have really shown me this website is very much leaning on the defence of white people constantly in the name of freedom of speech. Not sure if that’s the kind of community you want to foster but here we are 

How did the rainbow flag exclude people of color? 

Edited by jordeezyIZkarma
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, jordeezyIZkarma said:

No. I'm not the one rewriting history and science. The burden of proof is on YALL. 

Burden of proof of W H A T. Your complaining about a new flag, when the old one is still serviceable and readily available anywhere. I'm not about to sit around and argue the science and history(you OBVIOUSLY don't know or give af about if you have the audacity be transphobic during pride month) of anything related to queer identity. 

Take your old flag...go sit down somewhere. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, fays1 said:

No I do understand what trans people go through, its not really that complicated as people make it.

But to say they are women is not true, as gender is a subjective thing, while s** is an objective thing.

But at the end of the day ill treat them as a real women, and weather they are real women or not will never come up, its just online that people get into that debate.

I think what the person you quoted is saying is that there is medical backing to support trans peoples identity (as a trans female myself). While we are by no means women, we are trans women. 

Personally this is where I get confused as to how the term non binary exists because theres no medical backing behind that whatsoever. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mxra said:

I think what the person you quoted is saying is that there is medical backing to support trans peoples identity (as a trans female myself). While we are by no means women, we are trans women. 

Personally this is where I get confused as to how the term non binary exists because theres no medical backing behind that whatsoever. 

No I already know science supports trans people, but I think they were saying that trans women are literally women?

I personally dont care if science supports trans or none binary, because at the end of the day, I will respect your right to do whatever you want aslong as you dont infringe on other peoples rights. Im a conservative, but I support and love trans and none binary people.

I never understood why the LGBTQ+ community - who should understand  what it's like to not be accepted and be discriminated against - do the very same thing against other members of the community. goes to show how poisonous heteronormativity is that so many people still can’t think outside society's made up lines and end up discriminating against people they should be united with and not fight against. let's be real here. the community is full of racism, transphobia, biphobia, acephobia and so on. and it’s depressing to think about.

• Love 1

Corporates using the rainbow flag as advertising fodder disgusts me. Now that being LGBTQ whatever is 'trendy' and 'cool' certain straight people are trying to get in as non binary or whatever.

I knew back in 2013 things were changing when a male acquaintance of mine came out as bi***ual even though I knew this person wasn't really attracted to men. He just wanted to be one of the 'others' whatever the hell that means!

The same people would be the first to pick up a stone and kill an abominable gay in the middle east if it suited their purposes. ******* sheeple!

On 6/17/2023 at 1:53 AM, Viking84 said:

That's just called being selfish and only caring about yourself. You have more in common with Caitlyn Jenner than you think. 😉

Having an opinion while still showing respect is the furthest from being selfish. Selfish are the people who can’t exist when they disagree aka you. It’s scary tbh. 

On 6/17/2023 at 5:16 PM, fays1 said:

Yes I generally agree with what you said, but I think we should go by s** rather than gender because gender is fluid and subjective. Its more scientific and practical to know trans women are men who transitioned into a woman through their gender. I know it sounds horrible, but nobody would say it like this outside of a debate that we are having.

Im a conservative, so im gonna have a different opinion than you on this, but at the end of the day ill treat and respect trans women as women.

But you shouldn't really have a say on how trans people live their lives. It's like a white person saying what rights a black person should have. What makes you so special that you get to decide what human rights someone else has?

5 hours ago, Viking84 said:

But you shouldn't really have a say on how trans people live their lives. It's like a white person saying what rights a black person should have. What makes you so special that you get to decide what human rights someone else has?

Its important to listen to people who experience life differently from us, like women, trans, and black people. But that doesnt mean we should accept everything they say! At the end of they day, they are also humans that have all the bad flaws that all humans have, they are not angels who came from the sky. Which is why we have to use logic as a tool to see if what they want makes sense.

• Love 1
On 6/16/2023 at 1:43 PM, toxiccriminal said:

The LGB part of the community should be stepping up as allies and defending the trans community, which has become the main focus of harmful discourse and legislation in the US.

I would argue that the "new" trans community is the radical equivalent of what we see on the radical right (yep I said it) and it's evident in the lack of support from the LGB community.

The "gay rights movement" was always based on driving equality with respect to basic human rights i.e. marriage and work protections. You are right that the trans community helped drive that movement, but that was only because the community as a whole was always categorized as the "gay community" and nobody took offense to it.

Nowadays you're cancelled for mis-gendering someone with a beard as a "he." It's all so ridiculous and frankly, I'm not behind it.

1 hour ago, fays1 said:

Its important to listen to people who experience life differently from us, like women, trans, and black people. But that doesnt mean we should accept everything they say! At the end of they day, they are also humans that have all the bad flaws that all humans have, they are not angels who came from the sky. Which is why we have to use logic as a tool to see if what they want makes sense.

Why should your way of life be the default and why should you decide? What makes you more important than black people or trans people? Aren't you gay? How do you feel when people say that gay people shouldn't be allowed to have equal rights because it goes against nature? You aren't using logic. You are using YOUR flawed logic to decide that other people should live their lives the way YOU think they should. Sorry but you are not only ignorant but also very selfish.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block