Disney’s “THE LITTLE MERMAID” is OUT NOW!

The movie is officially out worldwide. The reviews are coming in and they’re mostly positive.

I’ve seen the movie last night and I must say I repent for doubting Halle Bailey as she really did DELIVER as Ariel! She captured the essence of the cartoon’s character perfectly. Same goes for Melissa McCarthy because she literally ATE :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

The actress who played Vanessa also gets an A+ as she was actually horrifying and crazy! The prince is very fuсkable too :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

The final battle scene :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

Her tail :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

Still hate Disney for changing things up and removing certain lyrics, but all in all the movie was great and highly recommended. 

Edited by bbbsss
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1

I’m going to watch it later tonight with my cousin. I usually like all the Disney live action adaptations. Now I do have preferences of which version I prefer though, and it’s usually always the animated version. The only live actions I preferred were Cinderella and Pinocchio.  So I don’t have high hopes for it to surpass the cartoon but I know I’ll enjoy this version. :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:

• Love 3
  • Like 1

There was a reason why Halle was casted --- her innocence, her voice, her enigma ensembles ARIEL. I did not understand why they casted Jonah Hauer-King at first but HIS MAGIC on BIG SCREEN is ADMITTEDLY SPLENDID!!! The rest of the cast were great too! Akwafina, Daveed and Jacob's performances to Scuttle, Sebastian and Flounder was surprisingly better than what I was expecting!!! This casting and trailer got so much hate but you have to see the movie yourself and experience it! This is the BEST ADAPTATION BY FAR!!!!

Edited by britbritlove
  • Love 4
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, britbritlove said:

There was a reason why Halle was casted --- her innocence, her voice, her enigma ensembles ARIEL. I did not understand why they casted Jonah Hauer-King at first but HIS MAGIC on BIG SCREEN is ADMITTEDLY SPLENDID!!! The rest of the cast were great too! Akwafina, Daveed and Jacob's performances to Scuttle, Sebastian and Flounder was surprisingly better than what I was expecting!!! This casting and trailer got so much hate but you have to see the movie yourself and experience it! This is the BEST ADAPTATION BY FAR!!!!

Yes! I absolutely HATED the casting of Sebastian, but after seeing the film- he was one of my favorite characters. He and Akwafina provided the most laughs for me. The film was way more comedic than I anticipated.

I’m on the fence of the casting of Prince Eric. Although his chemistry with Ariel played genuine in the film, his overall x-factor/ star power didn’t live up to Halle Bailey. I would’ve liked a stronger presence in a partner, but overall though, he did well.

I wish they would’ve played up more of the father/daughter relationship that the original animated version did. It seemed scarce in this version. There’s a part I won’t spoil, that was super unexpected and tragic and it didn’t have the weight as it should have because we didn’t see enough Triton and Ariel moments prior. She was a family girl in the animated version and in this version she seemed so distant from her father and sisters.

I wish the final showdown with Ursula would’ve been longer and that the CGI version of a giant Ursula looked better. 

Overall, I liked it a lot. I’m not sure if I prefer this version over the animated (like i said before, I usually like the originals over the live adaptations). This was really well done. The CGI was better than I anticipated; wonky sometimes but mostly great! Soundtrack was great- I only disliked Prince Eric’s song. He technically can sing but his singing voice is bland. Like Pierce Brosnan in Mamma Mia. We hear the vibrato, the pitch is there but just so bland with no emotion. The editing and transitions weren’t always good, but the actors did great. Melissa McCarthy surprised me. She pulled off sinister, diabolical and vengeful sooo well! Even the actress that played Vanessa (Ursula in disguise), was great. It was refreshing to have a live action Disney film show the villain being so unhinged and almost just mad! Y’all I recommend seeing it in theaters. It’s an overall good film that’s not as “woke” as the media is portraying it. It’s just a deeper dive into the mindset of the OG cartoon. 

Edited by MikeHunt
  • Love 3
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, britbritlove said:

Flounder was indeed absolutely adorable, just like in the cartoon version :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Yes! I absolutely HATED the casting of Sebastian, but after seeing the film- he was one of my favorite characters. He and Akwafina provided the most laughs for me. The film was way more comedic than I anticipated.

I’m on the fence of the casting of Prince Eric. Although his chemistry with Ariel played genuine in the film, his overall x-factor/ star power didn’t live up to Halle Bailey. I would’ve liked a stronger presence in a partner, but overall though, he did well.

I wish they would’ve played up more of the father/daughter relationship that the original animated version did. It seemed scarce in this version. There’s a part I won’t spoil, that was super unexpected and tragic and it didn’t have the weight as it should have because we didn’t see enough Triton and Ariel moments prior. She was a family girl in the animated version and in this version she seemed so distant from her father and sisters.

I wish the final showdown with Ursula would’ve been longer and that the CGI version of a giant Ursula looked better. 

Overall, I liked it a lot. I’m not sure if I prefer this version over the animated (like i said before, I usually like the originals over the live adaptations). This was really well done. The CGI was better than I anticipated; wonky sometimes but mostly great! Soundtrack was great- I only disliked Prince Eric’s song. He technically can sing but his singing voice is bland. Like Pierce Brosnan in Mamma Mia. We hear the vibrato, the pitch is there but just so bland with no emotion. The editing and transitions weren’t always good, but the actors did great. Melissa McCarthy surprised me. She pulled off sinister, diabolical and vengeful sooo well! Even the actress that played Vanessa (Ursula in disguise), was great. It was refreshing to have a live action Disney film show the villain being so unhinged and almost just mad! Y’all I recommend seeing it in theaters. It’s an overall good film that’s not as “woke” as the media is portraying it. It’s just a deeper dive into the mindset of the OG cartoon. 

omg YES I also wished the final battle was a bit longer cause it had such great potential, but seeing Ariel struggle was heartbreaking :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

Vanessa’s performance was literally iconic and I need a sequel with her coming back and causing some commotion at the palace :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

I’m seeing it at IMAX on Tuesday! Cant wait, although I’ve been reading way too many negative reviews and tweets :///

Really? I am seeing mostly the positive one’s. What are the people saying? I am curious. 

• Super Mods

I loved how they kept the original story but made little changes to keep it fresh and not just a copy and paste! I loved the music and thought the cast all played their roles really well :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

The tails looked beautiful but most importantly, Ariel’s tail was breathtaking. The additional purple and pink shades being added to it was such a nice change and I honestly thought her hair was fine. I can’t believe there was so much uproar over her hair not being as red. In the film, it looks like different shades of red and copper tones. It looked beautiful and suited Halle very much The Little Mermaid Swimming GIF by Walt Disney Studios

Flounder, Sebastian and Scuttle were cute and well done. I would have preferred Flounder to look a bit larger. He was quite small. I also think the actress who played Scuttle did a really good job! The comedy that they implemented into the film was a nice touch :cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile:

I think the best part of the movie is when Ariel is fighting Vanessa! They made that part even more creepy and eerie than in the original and it was really well done! I loved how they showed how much of a bad a// Ariel is and that entire part of the movie I was on the edge of my seat :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Let’s just be honest. The CGI was overall pretty good but there were some moments that it was kinda cheesy and poorly done. Especially when Ursula turned into the massive version of herself, I was like :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

The only thing that really bothered me was that they didn’t give Ariel her iconic silver/blue sparkly dress at the end when she turns into a human and walks out of the water. HOW DARE THEY :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

I give it a 8/10 and can’t wait to watch it again :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

The only thing that really bothered me was that they didn’t give Ariel her iconic silver/blue sparkly dress at the end when she turns into a human and walks out of the water. HOW DARE THEY :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

I give it a 8/10 and can’t wait to watch it again :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

Agreed! That scene could’ve been so magical. Same goes for Ariel’s iconic wedding dress. Wasted opportunity imo:byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

Edited by bbbsss
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block