Britney reportedly paid lawyer Mathew Rosengart $4.2 million, Rosengart says he's now working for Britney pro bono

Update: 

Earlier:

From TMZ

Britney Spears has paid the law firm of her lawyer, Mathew Rosengart, millions of dollars in legal fees, and our sources say members of her team became agitated enough that Rosengart has now agreed to provide free legal services for the immediate future.

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ, Britney has paid Rosengart's firm $4,201,856 for the period November 2021 through March 2023. That represents the legal work Rosengart performed mostly after the conservatorship ended.

Our sources say that figure represents only a part of what Britney has paid Rosengart's firm, and that the fees now approach $6 million total.

We're told Britney's team pushed back on Rosengart over his fees, and the lawyer has now agreed to work pro bono for the remainder of the case against Jamie Spearsand Tri Star Sports & Entertainment Group.

We know Rosengart has been providing legal services in various areas of Britney's life, including ending the conservatorship, an ongoing case against Jamie and Tri Star, music, her book deal and other matters.

Rosengart has been critical of some of the eye-popping lawyers fees connected to the conservatorship. According to legal docs filed by Rosengart, dozens of lawyers in the 13-year-long conservatorship case made a total of more than $30 million.

Britney was reportedly worth $60 million when the conservatorship ended. Our sources say it's now a lot less.

Britney has a lot of money to spend. Worse than that, in addition to spending a lot, she hasn't done anything to earn money. So I think that sooner or later she will have to do something to earn a good amount of money so she can retire in peace.

• Like 1

Page six has a statement from Rosengart that is a great reminder he's doing more than just this court case and his fees were significantly less than they could have been. 

britney-spears-matthew-rosengart-24.jpg?
PAGESIX.COM

Mathew Rosengart has begun offering his services pro bono while Spears continues to battle her dad, Jamie Spears, and...

“We’re very proud not only of the work but the moderate cost, which is actually for close to two years and runs the gamut from suspension of [Jamie] to ending the conservatorship to blocking [Britney’s] deposition and discovery from her to numerous other issues ranging from her music deal to book, prenup, appeals, restraining orders, security and daily issues,” Rosengart tells Page Six exclusively.

• Like 7
27 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

He freed her so it’s pretty deserving :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

No, he didn't free her. The termination petition didn't come from him.

Let's be real, his biggest achievement in this case was Jamie's suspension, and even that with major help from the NYT.

• Haha 1

LOL tell me your source is Colon's lawyer without telling me it's Colon's lawyer. I think it can't compare to the 30 million dollars all the lawyers took from her in those 13 years of conservatorship who did NOTHING but harm :rupaulslap_hit_mad:

I'm intrigued about this part though and discovery from her to numerous other issues ranging from her music deal  :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

21 minutes ago, willys said:

Britney has a lot of money to spend. Worse than that, in addition to spending a lot, she hasn't done anything to earn money. So I think that sooner or later she will have to do something to earn a good amount of money so she can retire in peace.

Euhm, in case you were living under a rock she secured a record-breaking 15 million book deal and released a top ten long charting hit all in the past 15 months alone. My guess is she'll figure it out and you can worry about your own finances :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

Edited by everybodygoesdown
  • Love 5
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block