Interest in Britney Fading

Tom13

Watch her release something/her book and everyone in this thread will come back crawling lol so predictable as **** :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

You don’t need to worship Britney every day to make you a fan and appreciator. Let her live her life and be happy and content with that. :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

Edited by Mutya
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, BritneyWiki said:

Most artists give 4 albums or less and are done.

eh??? like who??? Pink is on album 9, shania is on album 6 [remember though she lost her voice and couldnt release an album for 15 years], rihanna has 8 albums, madonna has 14 albums, beyonce has  7 albums ..... what artist stopped at 4 or less?? 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, frederiickx said:

Nope. I've been a fan since 1998, and will always love her. She's not doing anything career wise right now so there is nothing to be excited about but my interest in Britney will never fade. She has given us so much to love and look back on.

This. Close the thread! :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

Totally. For many reasons. For one, the fact that for the horrible abuse she went through, there was a hindering of her evolution, personal and artistic. I loved her attitud during 05 and 06. Part of her appeal, to me, was not only the music, but the whole way she held herself so graciously and effortlessly. She kept her charm and charisma without ever being snobby. I am not at all blaming her, but a lot of what attracted me of her public persona has been long gone. Also, her enslavement doesn´t sit well with me anymore. Being totally aware of how much abuse, control and exploitation was going on, even before the conservatorship, makes me feel a bit icky abot many things. i still love her strength as a performer, I still love watching her earlier firey performances, but that also comes with a certain touch of sadness knowing that joyful being is not there and that many of the things we saw or listened to were stained with her exploitation. Does anybody think it is right to have a 20 something locked up in hotels around the world when she was actually wanting the opposite?

So, my relationship with her whole career changed, even with the upsides. 

• Love 2

all relationships should evolve over time. i don't really listen to her music anymore, but i respect everything she has created and offered to the world. i want her success as person, not as a business. she deserves to be released from her mantle. she deserves privacy, the freedom to choose which parts of herself she shares with the world. people really need to ease up on their expectations of her, and the parasocial relationship needs to be dissolved. if we see her suffering why do we continue to pursue her with our expectations? she owes us nothing and has given so much.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mutya said:

Watch her release something/her book and everyone in this thread will come back crawling lol so predictable as **** :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

You don’t need to worship Britney every day to make you a fan and appreciator. Let her live her life and be happy and content with that. :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

I worship the lord. Go to the light and see Jesus 

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods

I understand where you're coming from.

I, too, lost interest in Britney for a while but it was during her K-Fat/Chaotic days.

My interest in her didnt come back  until Womanizer came out.

Before that, I was a casual fan but it wasnt til 2008,

when I discovered more of her discography that I became a mega stan.

Havent regretted it since.

• Love 1

for me it clearly has fade a bit, I'm not a teenager anymore. I'm less excited about her in general but at the same time I'll never miss a single, a music video, an album or a concert in my city. I think I'll always watch out for new art stuff from her. It's just that it's less of a big deal to me now. When I was 20 I would be so sad to not have any new song for so long, but today I don't mind waiting for her 10 years or I don't mind if she never release anything again. I'll be there to support and I'll be happy and probably love it if she release something, but I guess growing up is also getting your love for stuff being more reasonable in some way. 

Edited by Cheshire-B
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I can understand. I’ve been a fan since ‘99 and i’m 30 now. I’m still a fan but I don’t follow her as much as I used to. I also don’t have insta/tiktok, so I don’t really follow what’s going on in pop culture anymore. I still love her and always support her music but maybe it’s just a part of getting older. 

• Love 3

Wow thanks for sharing.

I think everyone has a different level of interest in Britney, just as you do.

I too had times when I was not 'that' interested, especially after WB, music was not my style. But for me, Britney remained the sweet southern country goofball girl that had a big smile at the end of her concerts, and still had her own sassy moments.

I feel like it's ok for people to lose interest in a celebrity, or anything to that matter, and sometimes you can just move on. But Britney released a great song last year and is still one of the most played songs on my playlist, so I still remain here. And I plan to stay as a fan and wish to see her get justice (or at least somewhat overcome her situation and gains peace.) And if she decides to make more great music, yay, if not, still fine. I can play her albums and remixes on repeat just like any other artist that doesn't/can't release new material.

Meanwhile I plan to rewatch her iconic vmas (and even the rehearsals too) and appreciate her creativity and skills.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rck92 said:

I can understand. I’ve been a fan since ‘99 and i’m 30 now. I’m still a fan but I don’t follow her as much as I used to. I also don’t have insta/tiktok, so I don’t really follow what’s going on in pop culture anymore. I still love her and always support her music but maybe it’s just a part of getting older. 

This. I'm 34. So it is a part of growing up. Although if she was active as Taylor swift, i think my interest would stay they same

• Love 1

it’s probably because she’s not making any new music (this is the longest gap in her career) or doing anything that’s related to entertainment she’s just living her life recovering and twirling in her living room which she deserves to tbh

either way i don’t think it’s really anything to do w growing up i lost interest in anything britney related for a good 4 years and now i’m not as obsessed as i used to be but i’m def interested in her again it’s normal to lose and gain interest in celebrities 

Edited by screamurlungsout
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.