Interest in Britney Fading

Tom13

Hi, 

Do you find your interest fading? 

I mean I am not enthusiastic with her as I used to. 

Maybe is part of growing up... Idk

I've been a fan since 2003, my pre teen years. Toxic was everywhere and I thought she was unbeatable.

I started cutting photos from magazines, collecting everything I could. Had posters. Very early 2000 pre teen kind of thing. In the zone was my first cd of hers. Then the itz dvd.  That was such a beautiful time. I would retaliate and defend her like I knew her personaly. 

I cried with  everytime even before I had a romantic affair 🙈😂

We could only get news about her through pop teen magazines, with interviews with these designs that looked like colorful gifs. *nostalgia*

Her music was present in probably all special moments of my life. Trips, doing things with friends, having my first time in many things both in my teen years and early adult years. 

Since the  1st marriage she introduced something new - hiatus. That's quite something for somebody in their early 20s and in the music business. 

New music came with Someday I will understand, and then more hiatus.. She was a mom. 

I had expectations but learned not to have them... I wish she was something she wasn't, that she would be on top of the game doing great music, and releasing breathtaking videos. 

The original dool/ blackout era was very very intense. The internet boom of news and blogs and websites was up. She had dozens of fan websites.  Few of them exists nowadays and some morphed into new social networks like IG. 

Since 2008 I felt something was very off with her. The sparkle and will wasn't there and we all came to understand through the years why. Fans knew things years before the Free Britney movement and all the mess that's going on with that.. 

Femme fatale was again emotionally special because I went to college was having a romantic affair and doing things for the first time all by myself. I saw her live too. 

The britney Jean album  was very special because it marked a new phase in my life with my early 20s and listening to it when I was going to my first job for example. I didn't sleep and spent the night waiting every minute to the release of work bix. I was thrilled.  I bought the album in a trip to a foreigner country. A new first for me.. 😊

Things changed with oh lala, scream and shout and Glory.  I was very excited with the release of Make me and didn't sleep all night to hear it for the first time. But truly it wasn't the same thing. The same excitement wasn't there. I heard the song for like a week and then forgot about it. Till this day I skip it. I didn't buy the album. That never happened in my idolization. 

The repetition of songs , excitement from past times wasn't there anymore. 

I thought I was going to be a die hard fan till I died. 

Hold me closer was released and I heard like one day or two days after its release... 

I do feel I'll continue to be around here and see news about her but truly the infatuation is different. 

I do think she'll release some more collabs but no albums. It's been 7 years since glory. Can you imagine that? Longest hiatus ever. 

Tell me about your experience 😊

• Like 4
Just now, Tom13 said:

What about your personal experience? 

My personal interest is at its highest in years. I've been a stan since 1998 but drifted from her a couple of years at a time. My lowest point as a stan was when Bronchitis Jetlag was released and the I Am Britney Jean doc felt... off. I checked in for Glory but took a long break to get into other music/media. Now I am rediscovering her music as an adult and love it, especially with the remastered Dolby Atmos tracks. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
Just now, Martini said:

a little. I’m not a huge fan of her instagram or her personal life- I’m a fan of the music first and foremost but she hasn’t released anything 

Her IG is a world apart...... My expectation and desire would be it to be different... But again 🙈 it is what is is. I don't really like her in social media. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

The britney Jean album  was very special because it marked a new phase in my life with my early 20s and listening to it when I was going to my first job for example. I didn't sleep and spent the night waiting every minute to the release of work bix. I was thrilled.  I bought the album in a trip to a foreigner country. A new first for me.. 😊

:ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I am a Pokémon myself 

i believe it as @PokemonSpears loves britneyjean 

Edited by Rik vs Exhale
Just now, blackingouthenegativity said:

My personal interest is at its highest in years. I've been a stan since 1998 but drifted from her a couple of years at a time. My lowest point as a stan was when Bronchitis Jetlag was released and the I Am Britney Jean doc felt... off. I checked in for Glory but took a long break to get into other music/media. Now I am rediscovering her music as an adult and love it, especially with the remastered Dolby Atmos tracks. 

I need to check Amazon music and see it that is available in my country. I've been using spotify for 8 years

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block