JLo confirms rumors that she was supposed to perform at the 2003 VMAs with Britney and Madonna

Xtina didn’t really ad much to the performance and so wouldn’t JLo. They just don’t have the charisma and stage presence Britney and Madonna have. When I think about it, there wasn’t really anyone with that kind of charisma and stage presence, so I guess Xtina was the best choice because of her raunchyness and the competition between the two

• Love 4
1 hour ago, britney_rocks said:

The way she said, “they got hm.. Christina Aguilera?”. It’s like people don’t even remember who was there besides Britney and Madonna. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Anyways, as shady as that was, it made more sense to have Christina because of the whole Britney vs Christina from back in the day.

I suppose the reason why Christina was the last choice was because she was also performing on her own (performance that no one ever remembers either, just like Beyoncé's). But yeah, part of what made the whole thing iconic was the "rivalry" between Britney and Xtina. But Xtina should've had blonde hair too. 

• Love 3

I will disagree with some here and say I think JLO would’ve been a perfect fit. I love Xtina, good vocalist, but she is pale when we are talking about generating impact on pop music. She lacks that WOW factor that Britney has, and so does JLO!

One thing for sure, JLO wouldn’t never come out unnoticed from that performance, she would try something to stand out!

Xtina just relied on her vocals to do the trick… it didn’t work!

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block