What was the first Britney's song you have listened in your life?

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

But you never heard her on the radio or something? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: Idk how could anyone escape Britney back then, or where are you from?

At least here in Latin America she was very popular, you would hear her at the super market, at the malls, even if you didn't watch MTV, her videos would play on Nickelodeon and Fox Kids too, she would be on the news, magazines, Pepsi ads, etc.

Never listened to her on the radio. I was two young and only care about Saint Seiya and other animes at that time. I live in a small town. No cable TV. No personal computer. No access to internet... No money to buy original content, piracy ruled a few years later, but still hard to find her music.

Eu só lembrava das gozações a respeito dela no Casseta & Planeta. (Virginey Sperms).

[All I remember were the jokes about her in "Casseta & Planeta" (TV Show).]

• Like 1

It was either Crazy or Oops back in 2000 when i first watched their music videos on tv being included constantly in western music programs and specials.

From the Middle East and was 10/11 years old and was learning the dance moves with my sister and having a blast.

The moment i truly fell in love with her and became a big fan was during the balcony scene from Lucky and thinking WOW she’s the most beautiful woman i’ve ever seen singing such an incredible song sonically.

• Love 1

it was bomt. i was at a restaurant with my parents and the video came on tv and i asked them who that was. my dad said she was one of the spice girls that was going solo :clownery_makeup_meme: but my mom told me she was a new singer called britney spears :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud: i was only 6 and i felt completely mesmerized by that girl! i thought she was the coolest! 

I remember that in my hometown everybody was talking about her, but i was like WTF i falled in love with Xtina First, but when she dropped Oops i did it again i just falled in love with her, when mtv latin american was airing Oops at the same airing sometimes and You drive me crazy, Born to make you happy and From the bottom of my broken heart wasn't realized on MTVlatin , even when the oops era was finishing mtv dropped the "britney weekends" and it was just amazing spending your weekend watching britney tv specials 

8 hours ago, ElenaB said:

it was bomt. i was at a restaurant with my parents and the video came on tv and i asked them who that was. my dad said she was one of the spice girls that was going solo :clownery_makeup_meme: but my mom told me she was a new singer called britney spears :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud: i was only 6 and i felt completely mesmerized by that girl! i thought she was the coolest! 

Lol at “one of the Spice Girls that was going solo.” I feel Britney would love to be from the UK since she always talks highly of the UK and she loves to pull out a British accent every once in a while.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Rachel Green Geller said:

I don't really know. I became a fan during the Circus era when Womanizer came out, but when I started diving into the Britney universe I realized I knew many of her songs. I'll take a guess and say BOMT.

Honestly same. The only difference is I discovered her music in 2013.

It was through Womanizer as well, I heard it in the club and was so mesmerized by the unique sound of it and catchy chorus that I had to google it up when I came home, I was surprised when I saw it was by THE Britney Spears! Because ofc I knew who she was, that she was a big celebrity, but never really knew anything about her career except movie Crossroads which I got in 2005 on DVD (and still have it😂)

I knew mostly about her private life (paparazzi, shaving head etc.) because of the news, but wasn't in pop culture at all. 

And then after Womanizer I realised how many Britney songs I knew, I was shook😱from the first second I recognised Crazy, Lucky, Overprotected and Not A Girl, FIRST SECOND!! That's how overplayed they must had been on the radio when I was little, because that's the only way I could hear them! 

Interestingly enough, BOMT wasn't familiar to my ears. Oops, Slave and Toxic only partially, like choruses or something🙈 

But to finally answer your question: no, I'm not sure which Britney song I heard first:pieceofwhat_britney_awkward: it could be either one of those that I heard as a kid on the radio...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block