What was the first Britney's song you have listened in your life?

Every once and a while I remember the moment I came to know Britney Spears work. I knew her in 2003, almost two decades ago, (geez, I'm getting old). Back in that time obviously I knew she was an american singer and that she was involved in "scandals" and was a pop phenomenon, but I've never paid attention to her, mainly because it was really hard to find her albums and stuff. Also, there weren't any streaming platforms and even if it existed, due to I was very poor we couldn't buy or sign it anyway...

Anyway... The first song I ever heard from Britney's catalogue was Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know. The video was being aired on TV on a kind of  "Top 10 Most Romantic songs" and it was in the 6th or 4th spot. I liked it but not too much. Don't get mad with me for being sincere, but what caught my attention in that day was Crazy In Love by Beyoncé who I was knowing her in that same day. I stan both of them nowadays.

After that I've seen the Me Against The Music video and things started to get interesting for me, but not that much yet. To tell you the truth I was only converted because of the ABC special after watching Slave 4 U/Boys Medley and Toxic that I had to record it in a video tape! Wow! I've watched it hundreds of thousand times! lol The documentary made me like her even more, as a musician and as a person, then I started looking for information about her in magazines and gossip TV shows, before finally buying the In The Zone album.

What was the first song you ever heard from Britney?

• Love 2

The first one at least the one that I remember was Sometimes I was zapping when I got to mtv and the video started, at that time I was on nickelodeon or cartoon network all day but since I saw Britney something changed and I became a fan of MTV from there I met Xtina, Jessica, Pink and others and I became a fan of music.

• Love 4

It was either Oops   I Did It Again or Stronger. i remember i was 9 years old in 2000 and seeing both videos on music channels and starting to become a fan. then i asked my mum and dad for the Oops album so they bought me it then when they realised i loved it and was playing it a lot, they bought me Baby album

• Love 2

BOMT

I was only 5 years old, but I grew up listening to pop music and watching MTV because my older cousins were already teenagers. So I already knew the likes of Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, etc, and of course all the Latin artists from that era too, like Shakira, Fey, Kabah and so.

So I remember when that video came out, and it was just out of this world. There was something magical about it, both the song which was very catchy, and Britney herself which was the prettiest of them all. I didn't even learn English until many years later, but her music and her voice were still very enjoyable lol

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Peter Pan said:

…Baby One More Time

I saw the video and loved it instantly 

19 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

BOMT

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

BOMT, of course.,

I was 12 and I didn't know who was singing but it was love at first sight

3 hours ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

Baby One More Time back in 1998 :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

I really regret for not knowing her songs before. But in that time was really difficult to watch anything pop on TV. The ones I heard more were Backstreet Boys, Celine Dion, Guns n Roses, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Gorillaz, Dido, The Cranberries, Spice Girls, Pink, Madonna... But even this way, very little material about them, just a few videos.

When my father gave me ITZ I was 13 years old and for me that was unforgettable. Later he gave me the third album and my collection started.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, PablitoXS said:

I really regret for not knowing her songs before. But in that time was really difficult to watch anything pop on TV. The ones I heard more were Backstreet Boys, Celine Dion, Guns n Roses, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Gorillaz, Dido, The Cranberries, Spice Girls, Pink, Madonna... But even this way, very little material about them, just a few videos.

When my father gave me ITZ I was 13 years old and for me that was unforgettable. Later he gave me the third album and my collection started.

But you never heard her on the radio or something? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: Idk how could anyone escape Britney back then, or where are you from?

At least here in Latin America she was very popular, you would hear her at the super market, at the malls, even if you didn't watch MTV, her videos would play on Nickelodeon and Fox Kids too, she would be on the news, magazines, Pepsi ads, etc.

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block