Britney songs that you suddenly started liking or disliking

Has anyone else changed their mind about one of Britney's songs really suddenly?

For example I really liked Make Me until the video came out. Now I have to skip over that track. I lost the love for it when they scrapped the original video.

Another example of mine is Perfect Lover. I never really thought much of the song until I read a glowing review of it. The review said the original lyric was "tick tock tick tock come and F me while I'm hot" (it was changed to say "come and GET me while I'm hot") but for some reason knowing she was going to say the F word made me interested in it and now it's one of my favorite songs. 

Last one I can think of is Just Luv Me. I skipped over this song constantly until I read an Exhaler talk about how it was their favorite song on Glory because it was so sensual with the heavy breathing and panting. Once I noticed all those exhales in the second verse I started loving the song.

Can you think of one?

• Content Curators

I used to love Toxic then suddenly, I just stopped. I honestly can't explain why but now I just find it uninteresting. 

I used to kinda like Glory but as time has passed I like it even less. I kinda forced myself to like it when it dropped anyway. I lied to myself by thinking that at least it was better than BJ.

• Like 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

I feel disconnected from many of her songs that used to feel so wonderful. I guess that, part of what keeps an artist`s legacy alive is their constant reimagining of their own work. Bringing new life to it, whether by performing it again or making remixes or seeing the artistic evolution. Personally, I always felt so EXTREMELY awkward with the entirety of the POM residency, that for me the last time I saw a performance by her that actually somewhat thrilled me was some of her Circus tour and one or two scattered performances of Femme Fatale tour (Gimme More, having a remix that I love). I am using "thrilled" loosely here, cause I have felt something was off for a decade, without being able to point what exactly put me off. So, I noticed that I slowly lost interest. I mean, I still love some songs, but I rarely find myself going back to listen to more than three songs by her. Maybe also knowing how much suffering was behind it all, switched my perception and unplugged me from the magnetic force field her career used to represent for me. 

I fell in love with her power, sweet personality and enchanting  womanhood. Now, I feel that she was so mistreated in the name of keeping people earning money that, somehow she was stripped of it. I just don`t vibe with it that much anymore. Occassionally I go back to her old videos or performances (old ones, I mean nothing after 2008 being TTWE the only one that i can somewhat stomach post 2008) cause they still carry the joy and excitement that made me pay attention to her. But anything after Circus, is hard for me to watch. It is as if you told me "don`t you love this video of an enslaved person dancing so nicely to songs that she does not care or want to sing, because some psychos exploited her endlessly" yeah....not at all. Watching her videos and concerts throughout that decade plus is like watching someone slowly lose their hope. 

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block