How can Britney not think she’s a vocalist?

I actually think genuinely she's a great vocalist. She has a really unique sound that sets her apart from her peers. She has a huge range too. She's constructed this. I think it's just really hard to do it live. May be interesting to see what she does in the future as I feel she may start to play with her voice more if she ever performed live again. 

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Cardiff1992 said:

I actually think genuinely she's a great vocalist. She has a really unique sound that sets her apart from her peers. She has a huge range too. She's constructed this. I think it's just really hard to do it live. May be interesting to see what she does in the future as I feel she may start to play with her voice more if she ever performed live again. 

30 or almost 30 years ago when she belted on Star Search like omg what a voice she had holding those long notes :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: she had great potential damn Jive.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I think she still sings great I love her vocals for HMC.

But I do think her voice did change or maybe it's just different techniques but I think if she finds the right genre, she could still slay.

She has such a unique voice and singing technique, and most of the impressions people do are a fraction of what she can really do. (Baby voice with vocal fry)

I personally prefer her diva-ish thick voice from her early days, and also the falsetto voice in the ITZ / Blackout era, and hope one day if she does do more music, she could show off her beautiful vocals again.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

Its a shame that she never got to sing with her real voice.

I think she was ALMOST like Christina.

I love her song, Luv The Hurt Away,

that song shows her REAL talent

This. I also think her voice got naturally weaker after she hit puberty unfortunately.  She can’t hit the notes she could when she was younger.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, BeyonceIsQueen said:

This. I also think her voice got naturally weaker after she hit puberty unfortunately.  She can’t hit the notes she could when she was younger.

True,

I also think her smoking has to do with it too and also not taking care of her voice.

She had potential even up til 2017 but now her voice is kinda shot

but hey its never too late to get vocal lessons again.

her vocals can be "stronger than yesterday" (pun intended lol)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

True,

I also think her smoking has to do with it too and also not taking care of her voice.

She had potential even up til 2017 but now her voice is kinda shot

but hey its never too late to get vocal lessons again.

her vocals can be "stronger than yesterday" (pun intended lol)

I agree, hopefully she takes the time to improve. I did think she sounded great on HMC however.

• Love 1

I think she was a natural-born vocalist but it was surpressed in favour of a very se/xualised image.

However, even without practice, her vocals have a very sweet tone and her delivery is extrememly charismatic, even compared with technically "stronger" vocalists...Gaga and Xtina come to mind as having stronger voices, but their tone is raspy and aggressive, so much so that I find those singers unpleasant to listen to...

If Britney wanted to, she could be a better vocalist than at least someone like Madonna. It's worth noting that even Madonna, despite being a lousy vocalist, improved her vocals significantly for Ray of Light with extensive lessons. It can be done with time and energy.

• Like 2

she seems to have a very low self esteem in general. i mean after 13 years of being called crazy, fat, ugly, not being allowed to do ANYTHING by herself, who wouldn't have a shattered self esteem? every time her accomplishments were brought up in interviews she would cringe. she's said several times in her posts that she feels ugly and fat. 

i really hope she regains that confidence because she's my literal idol and it blows my mind that somebody that is everything i've always wanted to be (and wasn't able to achieve) doesn't like herself that much. it breaks my heart. she's an amazing vocalist, dancer, person and the most beautiful woman in the world (to me at least). hope she realizes soon she's THE britney spears.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block