How can Britney not think she’s a vocalist?

I mean… 

case closed.

Such a shame that the general public never got to see this side of Britney, I forget about this song sometimes but something like this from Britney released now would be Grammy worthy. I just want her to get her flowers for the versatile, complex, extremely talented women she is. 

Do you think Britney will ever trust her voice enough or be so vulnerable again (if) she ever releases music again? 

I know her label would never have wanted her to release something so emotional or real in favour of the party Britney/commercial success factor, but I’m afraid that her team have made her feel less talented. This song is very ‘Ordinary People’ level of vulnerable and in my head gives her the same credibility as Adele and other ‘vocalists’ albeit a very different style.

What a talent.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3

Probably because you rarely bring up her name without it being associated with things like lip syncing/never singing live/ her “baby” voice, and then just her genre in general… it’s actually fairly easy to dismiss her as a vocalist for the casual listener tbh. 

however as most of us here know, she’s a phenomenal vocalist in her own right (not saying she’s Whitney or Mariah), she’s a freakin chameleon with that voice. And that falsetto :melt_weird_drift_wow:

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
Just now, Tear the floor up up said:

I love her voice and we can appreciate these deep cuts as stans. But I don't blame any casual fans/GP/haters thinking she's not a vocalist because she's never truly put the effort in and gone out her way to prove people otherwise. 

Completely get what you’re saying… but my point is, if she had her own way, do you think this is her choice in part? Like for example, with the Hold Me Closer demo, she obviously cut out her riffs and put her vocals a little bit further into the background of her own request. Do you think she had unecessary  insecurities about her vocal abilities?

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Brad90210 said:

Completely get what you’re saying… but my point is, if she had her own way, do you think this is her choice in part? Like for example, with the Hold Me Closer demo, she obviously cut out her riffs and put her vocals a little bit further into the background of her own request. Do you think she had unecessary  insecurities about her vocal abilities?

Sorry, that was my fault for not reading your thread properly. Yeah, I think she's likely never thought her raw talent was good enough since she was signed, as it was a specific sound that sold which never showcased it. I think she knows she can sing but in front of record producers / audiences and even on Instagram to an extent I think she's very insecure about her voice. I think the key now is having the right people around her to give her space to be secure in her voice again. There's a really interesting podcast I could link you to if you like that discusses how her raw vocals literally have been gradually 'muted' as her career has progressed (they noted this whilst listening to GM).

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Sorry, that was my fault for not reading your thread properly. Yeah, I think she's likely never thought her raw talent was good enough since she was signed, as it was a specific sound that sold which never showcased it. I think she knows she can sing but in front of record producers / audiences and even on Instagram to an extent I think she's very insecure about her voice. I think the key now is having the right people around her to give her space to be secure in her voice again. There's a really interesting podcast I could link you to if you like that discusses how her raw vocals literally have been gradually 'muted' as her career has progressed (they noted this whilst listening to GM).

Yes agree so much, I really hope one day she does a show similar to Adele’s “One night only” and just quashes any speculation of her voice - it would be so brave and bad ***. Like most people think she has a choice to make between being charts pop smasher Britney or vulnerable and authentic vocal Britney, but she can 100% do both, even to have the ability to alter her voice so much (even if this was forced on her), shows her vocal agility and versatility. I’d love to hear the podcast if you’d be so kind to share!! Thank you 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Brad90210 said:

Yes agree so much, I really hope one day she does a show similar to Adele’s “One night only” and just quashes any speculation of her voice - it would be so brave and bad ***. Like most people think she has a choice to make between being charts pop smasher Britney or vulnerable and authentic vocal Britney, but she can 100% do both, even to have the ability to alter her voice so much (even if this was forced on her), shows her vocal agility and versatility. I’d love to hear the podcast if you’d be so kind to share!! Thank you 

So there's 4 episodes they featured on Britney, and I'm pretty sure they discussed it in this episode. But I recommend starting from 'Baby' as each episode is a great listen.

1 hour ago, BeyonceIsQueen said:

Her voice is no longer what it was, sadly.  She could barely carry a tune nowadays and that’s depressing as **** because her voice was amazing when she was younger tbh.

1 hour ago, BeyonceIsQueen said:

Thankfully not as I probably wouldn’t survive that:shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

spacer.png

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, grovela said:

Probably because you rarely bring up her name without it being associated with things like lip syncing/never singing live/ her “baby” voice, and then just her genre in general… it’s actually fairly easy to dismiss her as a vocalist for the casual listener tbh. 

however as most of us here know, she’s a phenomenal vocalist in her own right (not saying she’s Whitney or Mariah), she’s a freakin chameleon with that voice. And that falsetto :melt_weird_drift_wow:

Really nice vibrato too.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I think she had  some real potential how her voice sounded from childhood to her teens up until the first album even oops album had amazing vocals. she couldve been just as great as Christina. but her team focused more on the dancing and her image over her talent (her voice) such a shame she wasnt able to show her real voice :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad: i think (dont kill me y'all) but last time was when she sang Happy Birthday to that guy Jacob on POM was her real voice maybe even in her home in that black dress singing Cant help falling in love on her birthday :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block