Britney the era.

This Day In Music History: November 6th

Most fans say Blackout is her best work is it a good album but what about her 'britney' era in 2001-02? she seemed or was unstoppable a movie, her DWAD tour, the snake vma performance, she looked stunning her glow that year the hair, make up and her figure. she was happy and in love with Justin. Slave 4 U is my favorite music video and Overprotected is probably my favorite song off that album. Crossroads is imo a cute film her acting honestly isnt bad at all. what do y'all think?

Britney defends the cursing on her new album | EW.comStream Britney Spears - Stronger live at 2001 AMA by ravennakori | Listen  online for free on SoundCloud13 Britney Spears Seventeen Magazine December 1 2001 Photos and Premium  High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Britney era is my personal fave era or looks/performances from her she SLAYED!!!

• Love 4

It was one of her best eras and I remember it fondly. She was queen of EVERYTHING ..the videos, performances, photo shoots, were all iconic.

My ONLY problem with the era is that I think her label changed the tracklist last min. I remember I think on the Slave set she said the album was special because she wrote every song except 2, yet she’s only listed as co-writer on 6 songs.

My theory is that they didn’t want to alienate her younger fan base with such a drastic new sound. Bubblegum pop was on its way out anyway and edgier songs like “When I Say So”, “Before The Goodbye”, “I Run Away”, and “She’ll Never Be Me” should have replaced “Bombastic Love”, “NAGNYAW”, and “ILRNR”. I believe these were supposed be on a Crossroads soundtrack album, but they decided to scrap that and play it safe by putting those cornball songs on the album. Which is the only reason the album isn’t in my top 3. I wonder how Britney felt about that decision.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Emil87 said:

It was one of her best eras and I remember it fondly. She was queen of EVERYTHING ..the videos, performances, photo shoots, were all iconic.

My ONLY problem with the era is that I think her label changed the tracklist last min. I remember I think on the Slave set she said the album was special because she wrote every song except 2, yet she’s only listed as co-writer on 6 songs.

My theory is that they didn’t want to alienate her younger fan base with such a drastic new sound. Bubblegum pop was on its way out anyway and edgier songs like “When I Say So”, “Before The Goodbye”, “I Run Away”, and “She’ll Never Be Me” should have replaced “Bombastic Love”, “NAGNYAW”, and “ILRNR”. I believe these were supposed be on the Crossroads soundtrack album, but they decided to scrap that and play it safe by putting those cornball songs on the album. Which is the only reason the album is not in my top 3. I wonder how Britney feels about that decision.

I've loved Slave mv/vma performance for a long time. so hot and the choreography wow! ive watched crossroads so many times its too cute. i love the three days in mexico doc and the diary of britney spears she was so cute and so happy back then. 

• Love 1

It's my personal favorite album and era and had just everything going for it (except radio) [allegedly].

The fact we got the most writing credits, most singles, and most promo out of it tells me the whole era was done exactly as Britney wanted, this was a true self-titled and a major statement in Britney's artistry and career.

The most notable thing for me is this is the first time we heard Britney playing with hip hop music and obviously she never stopped since. It really is a major and underappreciated musical evolution over her previous albums, which were purely teen pop with about half bops half soppy ballads. This album broke the formula while also improving upon it. I think there is something here to please every Britney fan new and old. 

4 hours ago, Garrett James said:

This Day In Music History: November 6th

Most fans say Blackout is her best work is it a good album but what about her 'britney' era in 2001-02? she seemed or was unstoppable a movie, her DWAD tour, the snake vma performance, she looked stunning her glow that year the hair, make up and her figure. she was happy and in love with Justin. Slave 4 U is my favorite music video and Overprotected is probably my favorite song off that album. Crossroads is imo a cute film her acting honestly isnt bad at all. what do y'all think?

Britney defends the cursing on her new album | EW.comStream Britney Spears - Stronger live at 2001 AMA by ravennakori | Listen  online for free on SoundCloud13 Britney Spears Seventeen Magazine December 1 2001 Photos and Premium  High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Britney era is my personal fave era or looks/performances from her she SLAYED!!!

It's definitely better than Blackout at all:begone_tiffany_miss_ny_new_york_ms_door_there_leave_bye_goodbye:

Spoiler

AT ALL!!! :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Garrett James said:

Most fans say Blackout is her best work is it a good album but what about her 'britney' era in 2001-02?

But you are saying two different things here. You are literally saying Blackout is being praised for being a good album and then saying 'Britney' has the best era:rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously: I don't understand the comparission

If we judge eras, you are right, looking back Britney is the most iconic era :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson: like by far

It is wat ppl mean when they refer to “primeney” that was her fully happy and invested….that’s the happiest I’ve ever seen her other than now with Sam. She was the epitome of pop royalty at this time. It’s her best era EVER…ppl say itz but itz was too short with three videos and she had this over it vibe goin on. During Britney era she had the most passion of her career overall. shocked whitney houston GIF

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Not to mention the Britney album is amongst the greatest transition albums in history. Selling 10 million worldwide and inspiring a generation. Dirty was xtina’s slave…as was “can’t be tamed” by Miley…” if you’re ready come and get it” by Selena. The list goes on and on…the Britney album and era is a golden time in pop culture and that’s mainly b/c of Britney. She was voted most powerful celeb during that era too. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Its her best era, but not her best album!

The album has alot of overproduced pop songs because the label wanted her to sound like NSYNC. Britney wanted a more RNB sound which is why she remixed alot of it. Then they add the soundtrack songs! so its a messy album with not alot of stand out songs.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block