Taylor Swift Is Selling Over 20 Versions of her T10 album, Should Britney team learn from her team to improve sales for B10 album or even have a collab with Taylor to improve streaming?

8 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

Gurl - Britney didn’t even post the offices cover art for HMC and paid dust to the 2x videos. She explicitly has ZERO interest in the entertainment industry, music released, album strategies etc right now :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

HMC is Elton's project he handles it.

B10 comeback album is different.

OK simply release B10 on iTunes as a surprise release, no need a lead single, no need promotion right?  

Well, that's what happens when they find a loophole in the rules. More than desperate, she's just being the smartass that takes advantage of everything as long as it's not prohibited.

If Billboard was fair, they would count each individual version's sales as different albums (maybe just combine clean and uncensored, and with their digital counterpart). But as long as there's no rule for that, they'll combine them because it's easier, and then will brag about all the records she broke, as if all the millions of copies sold were bought by different people.

It's really up to Billboard's essence to decide whether a move like this is valid or not. Billboard is supposed to account for popularity, meaning how many different people buy a single or an album, not how many copies the same person buys. Yet is exactly what they're doing when counting streaming (counting individual streams instead of individual users that have streamed a song, regardless of how many times they replayed it).

Elton John is doing the same with the Hold Me Closer CDs, in a much more smaller scale of course, but will every Britney fan buy all versions?

If every artist released multiple versions of their CDs, would they sell as many as Taylor Swift?

btw, Mexican singer Fey did something similar in 1998 with her album El Color de los Sueños

sddefault.jpg

of course she didn't sell nearly as many lol but it's the first thing that came to mind

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 4

Do the different versions have different styles of the songs? (I don’t know much about the TS marketing strategy of 20 versions). I’d love if Britney did a an album of songs that were POP, then a different version of the same songs but in a dark moody tone on a separate album, and maybe an acoustic album of the same songs. And maybe with each album, each physical copy come with a reimagined / different artwork which corresponds with the tone/tempo/mood of the album including album cover. Maybe different bonus tracks on each. That would be my wet dream anyways. I mean, Shania Twain did that with her Up! Album: a pop version (red disc), a country version (green disc), and a version in the style of Indian film music (blue disc). 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well, that's what happens when they find a loophole in the rules. More than desperate, she's just being the smartass that takes advantage of everything as long as it's not prohibited.

If Billboard was fair, they would count each individual version's sales as different albums (maybe just combine clean and uncensored, and with their digital counterpart). But as long as there's no rule for that, they'll combine them because it's easier, and then will brag about all the records she broke, as if all the millions of copies sold were bought by different people.

It's really up to Billboard's essence to decide whether a move like this is valid or not. Billboard is supposed to account for popularity, meaning how many different people buy a single or an album, not how many copies the same person buys. Yet is exactly what they're doing when counting streaming (counting individual streams instead of individual users that have streamed a song, regardless of how many times they replayed it).

I totally agree! Taylor is very smart she knows how to manipulate Billboard charts easily. Taylor and her team >> Billboard.

Do you think Britney should do a collab with Taylor to improve streamings. Do you llike a Britney ft Taylor? 

God that's a LOT

But this is quite common in the industry, and let's face it, back in the early 2000s or so, people bought multiple copies of the same album.

However, whatever Taylor's team is doing, it's a bit too much, seems desperate, trying to make another headline and trying to make another 'record'. Hope this doesn't become a trend where only the big stars become bigger. Wonder if she trademarks this strategy.

Funny thing, some time ago, I felt like Taylor was keeping things low and kinda out of the spotlight, which I thought was nice since a lot of what news related to her weren't about her performances or her music and mostly drama, I would have liked it if she came back with maybe a country or stripped album to slow things down, but boy was I wrong lol.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Eternalhouse said:

God that's a LOT

But this is quite common in the industry, and let's face it, back in the early 2000s or so, people bought multiple copies of the same album.

However, whatever Taylor's team is doing, it's a bit too much, seems desperate, trying to make another headline and trying to make another 'record'. Hope this doesn't become a trend where only the big stars become bigger. Wonder if she trademarks this strategy.

Funny thing, some time ago, I felt like Taylor was keeping things low and kinda out of the spotlight, which I thought was nice since a lot of what news related to her weren't about her performances or her music and mostly drama, I would have liked it if she came back with maybe a country or stripped album to slow things down, but boy was I wrong lol.

yeah i was shocked reading that Billboard article this is the first time i have seen someone release > 20 versions as if they are afraid that they would flop with 1-2 versions. I'm curious to learn the front loaded effect with 2nd week numbers. Taylor is already a trademark of this strategy from 5 to 10 to 20 versions lol that's why people say she is not iconic, basic and desperate at its best. But she is a smart business woman. 

• Like 1

Baby girl will literally do anything to get that first week sales record :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

respect the hustle I guess, but it just looks kind of sad at this point.  She’s popular af…like you don’t have to hold every record in the world for some type of validation.  20 versions?  Is that an exaggeration? Lol

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block