Why is HMC's success on radio not reflected on other platforms?

1 hour ago, andreafly1 said:

Hold Me Closer is definitely an organic radio hit, let me explain why!

Track is currently being played in 4 different radio formats: Mainstream (Top 40), Adult Contemporary, Hot Adult Contemporary (Adult Pop) and Dance.

Elton is crazy STRONG on AC and Hot AC formats, (Cold Heart is still Top 10 to this day on AC, by the way, plus listeners age range is usually from 25 to 44 years old), and that's the main reason why HMC is charting so well right there, becoming Britney's 1st EVER Top 10 on these formats.

Then we have the Mainstream format, on which both Elton and Britney are very well known and doing quite decent numbers there too.

Dance format is just a minor one, but HMC managed to go #1 in the Billboard Dance/Show Mix Airplay right there aswell!

Streaming and radio audiences are completely different, however it's far from free-falling or doing bad on streaming services so far: it is what we call stability, my friends! :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

I think their expecting Taylor swift or like Dua lipa steaming numbers, that's not gonna happen.

14 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Not in their eyes, in the US it's only charting due to radio airplay,,but it's in my opinion Elton isn't doing promo or pushing it, Elton has to be blamed, I mean he announced a Disney plus concert, it happened the same day as hocus pocus 2..

We knew what happened,, hocus pocus 2 won the same day as a live Elton John concert 

Atleast it's a Top 3 hit in the UK :comingthru_miss_ny_new_york_pollard_tiffany_walk_runway_hair:

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Not in their eyes, in the US it's only charting due to radio airplay,,but it's in my opinion Elton isn't doing promo or pushing it, Elton has to be blamed, I mean he announced a Disney plus concert, it happened the same day as hocus pocus 2..

We knew what happened,, hocus pocus 2 won the same day as a live Elton John concert 

I think it’s because no one cares about a live Elton John concert on Disney+

26 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

huh? Elton's farewell concert on Disney+ is coming on Nov 20 :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney:

• Like 1

Song is doing great in radio and good in steaming platforms..

did awesome job in digital sales as well..

It’s number 5 on worldwide iTunes right now and released 49 days ago.

it’s a hit and not only in radio..

It’s not a huge hit like bomt or oops but it wasn’t meant to be imo..

I wasn’t even expecting this kind of longevity tbh (or #6 debut on hot 100)

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

I mean there’s an obvious payola but all the songs played on radio (top 20 at least) are payola fueled… Radios needs to make revenue out of something else, not only ads :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Do you even understand what payola means? There was a radio deal for ONE day. Z100 NYC, Philadelphia, and Chicago’s top 40 radio stations are not playing the track virtually ever- wouldnt it make sense to then “pay” for them to play the track and gain much larger audience impressions? If “payola” was happening daily, it would be rising with inflated numbers incredibly fast with clear radio deals. You all make no sense. The song is pulling the radio numbers it is receiving organically. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, andreafly1 said:

Hold Me Closer is definitely an organic radio hit, let me explain why!

Track is currently being played in 4 different radio formats: Mainstream (Top 40), Adult Contemporary, Hot Adult Contemporary (Adult Pop) and Dance.

Adult contemporary guarantees royalties because the song will be played in retail stores for years to come since it charted there. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, (You Drive Chris) Crazy said:

Do you even understand what payola means? There was a radio deal for ONE day. Z100 NYC, Philadelphia, and Chicago’s top 40 radio stations are not playing the track virtually ever- wouldnt it make sense to then “pay” for them to play the track and gain much larger audience impressions? If “payola” was happening daily, it would be rising with inflated numbers incredibly fast with clear radio deals. You all make no sense. The song is pulling the radio numbers it is receiving organically. 

Girl a radio deal is not PAYOLA, you’re clueless.

Payola is basically the labels paying radio stations owners to shove a song down everyone’s throats for long periods of times. You’re delusional if you think Hold Me Closer is being organically played on the radio. Look at the Spotify and Apple Music positions.

If Z100 and other big stations in big markets aren’t playing the song (yet) is because their checks haven’t cleared yet :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Let's be honest. If Britney came out with BOMT etc and  we would have the internet and social media like today. She would break the internet multiple times a day. And would be one of the or even the most followed popstar on social media. But Britney's main era was before that. So we all have to take it with a grain of salt. She is big. She reached legendary status long ago. It's time to make music for herself and her fans. 🧡

Though I'm not gonna be hypocrite about it. I do love it when she's crunching numbers when it's comes to views, streams and so on. 😅🙈

On 10/12/2022 at 5:16 PM, Daniela.tomasseli said:

Girl a radio deal is not PAYOLA, you’re clueless.

Payola is basically the labels paying radio stations owners to shove a song down everyone’s throats for long periods of times. You’re delusional if you think Hold Me Closer is being organically played on the radio. Look at the Spotify and Apple Music positions.

If Z100 and other big stations in big markets aren’t playing the song (yet) is because their checks haven’t cleared yet :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

You have no idea how radio works lol the track is consistently in the top 10 globally/top 20 in the US on Shazam and radio does not immediately mean that if a track is trending on Spotify or Apple it will play the song more often. Songs increase overall AI on radio very gradually, which is why a track like Unstoppable by Sia that was released ages ago is just now peaking, mostly because of Shazam. Hold Me Closer is rising in radio because people are enjoying it organically. Spotify and Apple Music playlisting are payola and obv Interscope isn’t investing in paying off Spotify to playlist the song better which is exactly what you are contradicting yourself by saying. It usually takes months for a song to peak on radio. This is not some anomaly case with HMC. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block