Judge Penny Orders Lou Taylor to produce all requested documents related to the 12th accounting ( including electronic surveillance )

15 hours ago, easy said:

before everyone panics about the limitations, i think it's important to note that just because it's denied now, doesn't mean it's denied forever. in another thread i mentioned that penny wants to wrap up the conservatorship case because she is a probate judge, and rosengart clearly wants to move on to a criminal court. it makes sense that, for now, penny is limiting the scope to only the 12th (and eventually 13th) accountings. she wants this dumpster fire over asap and rosengart wants the bigger (criminal) case.

Thank you so much for this!!

PS: This should be in the OP.

Β 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, TimeLoveJoySpaceKnee said:

Very disappointing. To say there's no proof that Tristar is a fiduciary to Britney is kinda ridiculous. I'd like to know the basis of that logic besides the fact that no contracts exists. Hopefully Rosengart can prove fraud on the 12th for now

Agreed.Β  Judge Penny is a clown judge and she knows it.Β  Britney has every single right to know what happened to her money during accountings 1-11.Β  The fact that they're not allowing that is absurd and would probably expose the courts.Β  Penny should have recused herself from this case a long time ago, but like everyone else, she's also in for money and power.Β  It's the fact that he gets to decide what's legal for Britney Spears.Β  Rosengart needs to go after her in court and put her *** on blast.

46 minutes ago, Kletus said:

Lou had 13 years to protect herself using the best lawyers in town, she stole Britney’s life and took all her money and is going to get away with itΒ :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

I said this from the beginning.Β  What they did to B is disgusting and they're all going to get away with it because the courts are corrupt.Β  These people took everything from her (life, liberty, her children, her mind, and now her fight for the truth).Β  How do we report them?Β  Where is the higher authority here?

1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

This.

This is such an odd move on Penny's part. She has already been given enough information that should, at the very least, create a level of doubt around recent filings, which would bring into question her capacity to act as this was done under her. It feels likes she trying to play both sides just so she can get it out of her court.

However, this is only a loss on paper. All Rosengart has to do is show his evidence.

Why was this denied?Β  Someone needs to put that judge on blast.

16 hours ago, TimeLoveJoySpaceKnee said:

I don't believe Judge Penny granted any interrogatories before the 12th accounting to be made discoverable. I would have to look back at the Robin/Tristar motion to quash.

But basically she's saying since Rosengart/Britney haven't proven extrinsic fraud or that Tristar was even a fiduciary to Britney, she's only entitled to ask questions about the 12th accounting and the surveillance since those payments were being made as late as Nov 2021 so honestly I wouldn't call it a huge win.Β 

Β 

18 hours ago, blissfuloutsider said:

Yes because now its obvious the probate court was involved with this mess and they are liable as well seeing all this discovery which we know is ******* true.. We'll see how this plays out but I'd have britney sue the state of california for allowing it the entire conservatorship was a ******* legal scheme to syphon money from her and they were very corrupt about it. it's more than ******* obvious at this point..Β 

yes yes yes !

4 hours ago, Slayer said:

Β 

Which makes the fiduciary argument all the more ridiculous. How is she allowing interrogatories for the 12th if they haven't proven they have a fiduciary duty to Britney?Β  She could have left it at "Look, I and Reva already approved all these other ones. Take it to trial court if you have questions." If you believe Jamie is the only person who has a fiduciary duty here because britney legally wasn't a person, then say that. But to bail out Tristar like this because you don't want to expose the court just proves exactly what I thought of her. Her priority is simply the court and Rosengart needs to take her advice and get this moved elsewhere.Β 

britney-spearss-former-manager-will-have

The court's ruling on the issue could be key for Spears's legal team as they investigate allegations that her father abused his power over her.

Β 

In a statement to BuzzFeed News, Spears's attorney Mathew Rosengart called the ruling "an important victory" for the singer.

"If Tri Star and Ms. Greenhill had nothing to hide, they would have simply complied with the subpoenas instead of trying to suppress them and choosing a strategy of obfuscation and stonewalling," Rosengart said, "but regardless, we are pleased they will finally have to comply with the core, key portions of the subpoenas and be deposed about them." The order could be crucial for Spears's legal team as they investigate allegations that her father abused his power over her.

In a statement provided to BuzzFeed News, Scott Edelman, an attorney for Tri Star, described the ruling as "a complete victory" for his client.

Β 

"The Court has now clearly confirmed the limited scope of the case once and for all," Edelman said, "and Tri Star, of course, will continue to cooperate with any requests within those boundaries."

Edelman also said that Tri Star accepted Penny's ruling regarding the requests concerning the surveillance allegations, noting that in his eyes the order limits discovery on the issue to the pending petitions. But Rosengart said the subpoena requests approved by the court require Tri Star and Greenhill "to produce 'all' emails and other documents, including text messages, concerning these issues."

Β 

The order comes after the courtΒ heard argumentsΒ in August over the scope of discovery. Penny had previously issued a tentative ruling on the motion, but Rosengart pleaded with Penny to reconsider, saying that several issues the court deemed irrelevant were actually worth discussing.

Rosengart said that, although Tri Star provided Quickbooks data, the company had failed to produce emails, text messages, and other communications to back up decisions that were made about how to spend the singer's money. Penny ultimately took Greenhill's word on that issue and pointed out that Tri Star has committed to providing any other discoverable documents on a rolling basis in light of her ruling.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block