Harry styles makes billboard hot 100 history, But it's the idea of longest solo #1 that has people shaking their heads.

Spicechinodiva

Achievements and Records are to be made and broken,,yes that's true.

But until this Monday,  there was no hot 100 of longest Solo number one single.

Is as it was solo Yes.

But why is it being questioned.

It never existed, and it's SHADY as hell for Mariah Carey,,a pure sales act,, who's 2005 decade end hot 100 number one hit (only act to have the defining hit of two different decades the 90s and the 00s with one sweet day and We belong together respectively).

Unfortunately this record never existed until this week,,so it's like shady as hell to give it to someone when Mimi herself never got that credit 17 years ago or longest running duet 26 years ago.

So its definitely Like okay,,who bought or decided today we create longest Solo number one single, it's like saying let's destroy anything that pure sales acts Established or that at one point people bought records or saved money to go to the store to buy music..

Nothing personal but that's like erasing how I became a music fan to please a certain generation,,you matter but so do I.

so billboard has some explaining to do,,cos until Harry styles,,there was nothing of solo or this nonsense.

But, congrats Harry styles the first artist ever to achieve the new industry made up claim the longest number one as a Solo artist

@Blackout2006

@Style.

Believe me everywhere I see in my socials, I've yet to here this song, who's streaming this, who did a TikTok challenge.

Of course the weakest Track is the most radio friendly Track on the album.

• Like 1

I guess there's a difference between a song being overplayed and a song being bad. 'As it Was' is a very good song... overexposed for sure, but that doesn't rob it that it's a good song. 

Harry's image is questionable for many, but he is very talented.

I'm actually surprised that the song has lasted this long atop, but take a look at the rest of the top 10, there's no actual competition, I mean, there's a song from the 80s in there... for the love of God.

Anyway, I've had my share of chart obsession... but never really based what I listen to on those tallies... try it, it's nice.

• Love 3
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

I guess there's a difference between a song being overplayed and a song being bad. 'As it Was' is a very good song... overexposed for sure, but that doesn't rob it that it's a good song. 

Harry's image is questionable for many, but he is very talented.

I'm actually surprised that the song has lasted this long atop, but take a look at the rest of the top 10, there's no actual competition, I mean, there's a song from the 80s in there... for the love of God.

Anyway, I've had my share of chart obsession... but never really based what I listen to on those tallies... try it, it's nice.

Agreed. It’s a good song, but it’s more about the industry as a whole being saturated with garbage. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

But the fact that you said Mariah’s “We Belong Together” 2005 record was broken by Harry, would mean there was a “longest solo number one record” before him, right? It’s not just a made up record. 

Anyways, I thought The Weeknd’s “Blinding Lights” was the longest solo number one song. Incredible that Mariah held the title for 17 years! :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

What a surprise, the overrated queerbaiter got his own record for being white and basic? :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

3 hours ago, Prerogative Rave said:

Im Not Maya Rudolph GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 hours ago, agustinmalandra said:

this.

can't stand this fake *** stupid paki

2 hours ago, On_Mah_Raydah said:

Such a boring random song

1 hour ago, MIKE_INT said:

The obsession of chart positions and "records" in US is ridiculous

aint nobody got time for that GIF

1 hour ago, Papa Don't Preach said:

So tired of this song. I liked Harry until he was shoved down our throats with this era.  :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Not a single sincere congratulations without spilling hate for Harry? :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

Now everyone doesn't care about the charts and records, but a few weeks ago everyone here was talking about Hold me closer in the charts and the possible records she was going to break... :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree: it's so common to see here the hatred towards artists who succeed more than Brit....

isn't it a bit petty all this hatred (envy) towards Harry, the kid has talent that's a fact.

:lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, Alex Murr said:

Not a single sincere congratulations without spilling hate for Harry? :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

Now everyone doesn't care about the charts and records, but a few weeks ago everyone here was talking about Hold me closer in the charts and the possible records she was going to break... :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree: it's so common to see here the hatred towards artists who succeed more than Brit....

isn't it a bit petty all this hatred (envy) towards Harry, the kid has talent that's a fact.

Of course won't congratulate someone who makes money out of queerfishing and fake gender claims. After all the fight the LGBTQ+ has been in order to have rights, come this lame fake boy acting all brand new gay just to win money. no ma'am, won't congratulate a str8 boy with all his privileges playing the queer card. :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand: Envy? gurl go educate yourself and learn some history of the LGBTQ+ community. :begone_tiffany_miss_ny_new_york_ms_door_there_leave_bye_goodbye:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

But the fact that you said Mariah’s “We Belong Together” 2005 record was broken by Harry, would mean there was a “longest solo number one record” before him, right? It’s not just a made up record. 

Anyways, I thought The Weeknd’s “Blinding Lights” was the longest solo number one song. Incredible that Mariah held the title for so 17 years! :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

The Weeknd - Blinding lights 

Was juiced from the orange that is 

A-ha - Take on me 

It’s not like accolades are given to the best or most original work at the end of the day. So why do we care? 

3 minutes ago, Alex Murr said:

Shut up. Harry's about as talented as an unseasoned chicken breast. And also, this is a BRITNEY SPEARS FAN FORUM. I'd think we're biased when it comes to Hold Me Closer. :outwithit_go_on_wave_britney_femme_fatale_ff_documentary:

Besides, as people on Twitter mentioned, Mariah Carey was blocked from the record years ago for stupid rules. Like how Blackout got blocked from #1 by some bull**** as well.

Harry only got the record on a technicality, because legends came before this hack that were denied the record. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

He doesn't deserve any congratulations, he's only popular because teenage girls, middle aged women and shameless gays wanna suck him off, period. Miss me with this bull**** next time.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Shut up. Harry's about as talented as an unseasoned chicken breast. And also, this is a BRITNEY SPEARS FAN FORUM. I'd think we're biased when it comes to Hold Me Closer. :outwithit_go_on_wave_britney_femme_fatale_ff_documentary:

Besides, as people on Twitter mentioned, Mariah Carey was blocked from the record years ago for stupid rules. Like how Blackout got blocked from #1 by some bull**** as well.

Harry only got the record on a technicality, because legends came before this hack that were denied the record. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

He doesn't deserve any congratulations, he's only popular because teenage girls, middle aged women and shameless gays wanna suck him off, period. Miss me with this bull**** next time.

What rules blocked Mariah? I think it would give a lot of context to what the OP left out. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block