"Hold Me Closer" Stream + Comment Party! - Updated with official visualizer

8 minutes ago, Lafayette said:

After 13 years Britney sings like she wants to and Eltons Team decides to cut off her beautiful vocals like her team did it all the years before. 
No wonder she called herself a „background“ and you guys tell me I should be thankfull. For what? 

Britney must be offended. It’s like „Sorry we don’t like how you sound we will blend Eltons Voice with yours throughout the whole song“

calm down.. it is elton's song afterall. 

• Haha 2
Just now, CRCM said:

Exactly, Elton and Britney are pretty much equals in this one, fans are just doing the most.

And to think some on here are coming up with fantasies in their heads that Elton was the one that decided to cut her parts out and no Britney is mad about it...  when in all likelihood it was Britney who wanted to adjust it.. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Exhale is literally turning into BANON.....  

I wouldn't call it BANON, but standard stan meltdown/overreactions lmao

And I mean, no one on this forum was genuinely expecting a new song come out in less than year since she was freed from her conservatorship, let alone it being a duet with Elton John. And now she's potentially gonna have a number 1 single with a legend.

We need a little bit of perspective, people. This song is a club banger :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, RedCarpet said:

well I think they're over dramatic. It's still a good song and Britney is in it the whole time 

You should be excited :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

I hope so. 

I also think there’s a good chance Britney reads here, so some of you guys should be more careful with your choice of words about Elton “using” her. That’s highly unlikely and certainly can’t feel good to read. 

Spreading negativity will only push her further away from the music business. So choose your words carefully.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RedCarpet said:

Hold Me Closer already premiered in Australia and New Zeland (and I used vpn to listen to it) :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

So what's your thought on the final product?

I love it. Was worried about production on the demo but final version sounds amazing

kinda wish Britney was more solo and not background singer but her voice is so iconic you can't miss it 

:lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

When does it premiere in the US? EST?

Some of you should stop playing police, let the fans express what they feel. We all listened to the demo and thought that Britney sang beautifully.

The direct reference we had for this duet is Cold Heart, where Dua sings and you can hear her voice clearly, without Elton's background vocals. In Britney's case, her voice sounds very processed at all times.

Either way, we're all going to support the song because Britney is included.

• Love 3
  • Like 4
Just now, Freakshow__ said:

Some of you should stop playing police, let the fans express what they feel. We all listened to the demo and thought that Britney sang beautifully.

The direct reference we had for this duet is Cold Heart, where Dua sings and you can hear her voice clearly, without Elton's background vocals. In Britney's case, her voice sounds very processed at all times.

Either way, we're all going to support the song because Britney is included.

There’s a difference between “I like the demo better cause it was natural/had more Britney in it/was less processed” and “no wonder Britney is upset, Elton used her, this is his song”. Just think if she reads here…

• Love 4

I am hoping that they release an alternate version soon that would be a little closer to the demo vocals in regard to Britney standing out a little more. She deserves to be front and center! Regardless, I love the song and anything our girl touches turns to gold. :-) 

• Love 1
Just now, Dave92 said:

There’s a difference between “I like the demo better cause it was natural/had more Britney in it/was less processed” and “no wonder Britney is upset, Elton used her, this is his song”. Just think if she reads here…

There will always be speculation. But let's be honest... The fact that she described herself as a background singer and then deactivated her account, clearly that will make some people think things... At the end of the day she did promote the song so I guess she's just happy to be in a song with Elton and we must support it in every possible way. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block