Britney and Beyonce both have controlling fathers

It baffles me to think that the two of the world's biggest stars share the disturbing fact that they were both once under creative and/or personal control of their fathers.

We know Beyonce has fought for her artistic freedom and has won, and finally Britney joins her as well. What is with father figures in Hollywood? Is there another case like that?

We know Michael Jackson's father was abusive and controlling as well, but is there more? :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

Because children don’t innately have the mindset you need to get to the level of success they have achieved. All three of the people you mentioned were molded and forced to do what they needed to in order to get on top by show parents. Jamie’s control is on another level but in this instance for Britney, it was Lynn. Making sure her child was her  meal ticket out of the backwoods of Louisiana. 

you can also use this for top athletes. Their lives are predetermined at a very young age. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

You are so right spacer.png

Sadly:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

9 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Daddy issues are extremely common in the industry. He never had any control over her personhood or career, but Madonna has been very open about her relationship with her father being rocky at best for most of her life. IIRC, everything stemmed from him remarrying while she was still mourning her mother and never quite getting along with her stepmom.

Madonna is a survivor as well. I think some of that relationship can be felt in "Papa don't preach", which is my personal favourite.

4 minutes ago, Itscuzim31 said:

Because children don’t innately have the mindset you need to get to the level of success they have achieved. All three of the people you mentioned were molded and forced to do what they needed to in order to get on top by show parents. Jamie’s control is on another level but in this instance for Britney, it was Lynn. Making sure her child was her  meal ticket out of the backwoods of Louisiana. 

you can also use this for top athletes. Their lives are predetermined at a very young age. 

Correct, It's everywhere. And Lynn is a true stage mom as well, but It's shocking to think there're so many controlling father behind the biggest names.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

It’s because beautiful, powerful, talented and independent women are a major threat to the patriarchy. That’s why men want to control them. And their money.

Just look at the meltdown over the prime minister of Finland partying. Women still can’t have nice things without men having cry-baby temper tantrums.

Luckily the world is changing. The future will be equal whether they like it or not.

:evilpatrick_spongebob_mad_meme:

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Elle90s said:

Beyoncé father was not abusive. She speaks highly of her father , and they have an amazing relationship. She is a daddy girl. 

Mathew Knowles is one of the examples cited on the wikipedia page for stage fathers. I'm not saying Wikipedia is infallible.  But I don't think they have an "amazing relationship."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stage_mother#Stage_fathers

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block