Britney's Original Zomba Contract

14 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

thanks, it would be interesting to know if the following contracts remained under similar conditions.

There's a part that talks about how much she would be paid for each album in advance, and it goes until the seventh album, but we know a contract, I don't know which contract, ended with BJ, the 8th.

This is the only contract on public record that I know of bc B was 14 years old when her parents signed her away…so the court needed to approve it due to federal regulations. I don’t think Sony knows/knew that this contract is available. This is a standard contract for female artists…Sony fought tooth and nail to keep Kesha’s (standard) contract a secret…little did they know that this contract was available in the Louisiana court archives.

• Love 2
  • Like 4
6 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Is that a good deal or not? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Lol…no it’s wayyyy less than that. The only reason she made any money at all is because she sold more than a million albums, and they didn’t cap the upside to the contract bc they didn’t expect her to be a runaway hit. The guaranteed money is $9k-$30k per year or something ridiculously low like that.

I remember A story back in the day saying Clive Custler getting a deal with B for $250k…but now, reading this contract, I think that bulls.hit story was created by Larry to save face. B’s original contract appears to have given her significantly less than $100k.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, websurfer22 said:

Not “Brittany”. Even her record deal got her name wrong.

spacer.png

But who is RUTH SPEARS?

spacer.png

Apparently her grandmother, who died from cancer in 2001.

Jamie Spears mother died by suicide (on the grave of her infant!) when he was 13. Ruth was his step-mom.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

This is the only contract on public record that I know of bc B was 14 years old when her parents signed her away…so the court needed to approve it due to federal regulations. I don’t think Sony knows/knew that this contract is available. This is a standard contract for female artists…Sony fought tooth and nail to keep Kesha’s (standard) contract a secret…little did they know that this contract was available in the Louisiana court archives.

Oh! Yay! I found poor little 13 year old Jojo’s contract with Dina Lapolt & Larry. It seemed like Britney’s was pretty similar

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Ghoulia said:

Oh! Yay! I found poor little 13 year old Jojo’s contract with Dina Lapolt & Larry. It seemed like Britney’s was pretty similar

360 contracts were insanely common back then, blind robbery & a disgusting amount of control. I bet if she wasn’t in the c-ship when Jive merged into RCA she would’ve made it a point to buy her masters from the company

• Like 2

This isnt the first time ive seen her name spelt that way on something official. Me thinks....they dubbed her britney so she stood out from how everyone else spelt the name, but i think her name is really spelt with the 2 ts and the a. Common folk spelling i mean lmao, her parents r hicks after all really think they'd be smart enough to spell it uniquely?

8 minutes ago, SumoCyco2017 said:

This isnt the first time ive seen her name spelt that way on something official. Me thinks....they dubbed her britney so she stood out from how everyone else spelt the name, but i think her name is really spelt with the 2 ts and the a. Common folk spelling i mean lmao, her parents r hicks after all really think they'd be smart enough to spell it uniquely?

Nope her name is Britney. Her elementary school year book photos, the Mickey Mouse club tapes & star search all blatantly say “BRITNEY” along with her actual birth certificate. If you read the actual contract both Lynn, James & the deputy clerk spell her name properly on the first page of the document & every page afterwards that was done in her hometown & from the label … a bunch of coked out executives in NYC can’t even be bothered to spell the girl’s name right when they know she came from nothing & arranging for her to sign her life away. Cringe 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

Can you find documents from Jamie Lynn's contract? I found this docket and it's a minor's contract dispute case from August 2005.

UPTOWN PRODUCTIONS INC VS SWEET JAMIE MUSIC

Docket BS098752, California State, Los Angeles County, Superior Court (Aug. 17, 2005)

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block