Kelly Clarkson Is An Emmy Winner; Wins Best Host And Best Talk Show

The 49th Daytime Emmy Awards were handed out on Friday night, in a ceremony held at the Pasadena Civic Center in Pasadena, Calif., and hosted by Entertainment Tonight‘s Kevin Frazier and Nischelle Turner.

ABC’s General Hospital led the soap opera pack with five total wins, including for Outstanding Daytime Drama and in both supporting actor categories. CBS’ The Young and the Restless followed with three total wins — including Mishael Morgan’s history-making one , as well as in Creative Arts categories awarded last week  — while sister series The Bold and the Beautiful collected a pair of statuettes.

On the talk show front, The Kelly Clarkson Show dominated with seven total wins, including for its eponymous host.

See the full list: TVLine

• Like 2
20 hours ago, britbratt12 said:

I love Kelly and seen snippets of the show and it does look like fun and its cool she won. However  it's  lame that Wendy Williams never got an emmy and just shows the difference sometimes people are treated. 

Wendy could barely speak in complete sentences. And she made a career out of spreading false, negative, inflammatory rumors about people. Not award worthy at all. 

20 hours ago, britbratt12 said:

I love Kelly and seen snippets of the show and it does look like fun and its cool she won. However  it's  lame that Wendy Williams never got an emmy and just shows the difference sometimes people are treated. 

Plus she came from radio, trust me the same would happen to Howard stern.

Entertainment industry rarely wants you to venture out, even jlo said that, and it's still true. 

Maybe with kelly is an exception, but i see people saying the Jennifer Hudson show will be cancelled fast, Sherri will probably be on for awhile as she is a favorite among old school blacks that have kinda liberal conservative values like being celibate til marriage. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block