The Oops era was the best era and you will all deal

16 minutes ago, ElenaB said:

and the oops era wouldn't be here wouthout the BOMT era, therefore, is the BOMT era the REAL best era of them all? :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

That era wasn’t as commercially successful as Oops and if I’m not mistaken, Britney didn’t sell as much as Oops nor did it make any records. So you can keep trying all you want but the Oops era is what helped make Britney the commercial success that she is today :byebye_goodbye_leaving:

I think the "Oops!" era will always be particularly special for any old school Britney fan, EVERYONE gets all mushy inside whenever it's brought up, though I'm not 100% sure why that happens... Maybe it has to do with it representing Britney's essence so well: She was at the top, and was s3xy and playful, yet she was so incredibly sweet and funny.
I always thought "Britney" was more representative of her but then as years passed I realized that the "sweet" element was missing a little bit from it, probably because she was pushed to transition, and the industry was starting to eat her up.

21 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I think the "Oops!" era will always be particularly special for any old school Britney fan, EVERYONE gets all mushy inside whenever it's brought up, though I'm not 100% sure why that happens... Maybe it has to do with it representing Britney's essence so well: She was at the top, and was s3xy and playful, yet she was so incredibly sweet and funny.
I always thought "Britney" was more representative of her but then as years passed I realized that the "sweet" element was missing a little bit from it, probably because she was pushed to transition, and the industry was starting to eat her up.

:canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

I can't never choose between Oops and Britney era. 

And I don't understand people who say In the Zone era was her best. The era started strong (but it would be much better if Toxic was the lead single) and the album is one of her best but after the Everytime video was released it was all downhill.

41 minutes ago, Fay1981 said:

And I don't understand people who say In the Zone era was her best. The era started strong (but it would be much better if Toxic was the lead single) and the album is one of her best but after the Everytime video was released it was all downhill.

Oops is THE Britney superstar era. The Britney era happened because of the mega stardom that Oopsney brought her. BOMTney was iconic but Oopsney was even more iconic. The Britney era didn’t break records like the Oops era did :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Fay1981 said:

In the zone deserved 2 more singles with lots of performances, but we all know Brit took advantage of her injury to scrap the tour, album promotion and take a hiatus. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:
I remember some people saying that the injury was a "sham" between her and K-Fed to get out of their commitments and get married. :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

She could have resumed the onxys tour after she recovers from her knee injury and resume the album promotion?:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Oops she deserved more singles with videos, if she was so successful that was why she barely had 4 singles?:juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

16 minutes ago, Alex Murr said:

In the zone deserved 2 more singles with lots of performances, but we all know Brit took advantage of her injury to scrap the tour, album promotion and take a hiatus. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:
I remember some people saying that the injury was a "sham" between her and K-Fed to get out of their commitments and get married. :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Wendy Williams Meme GIF

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, BritneyLVR said:

Iconic and classic Britney song but that album has about half amazing songs. Oops has a full album! 

I know what you mean, angel and you're completely right come to think of it. Most of the songs on her second record were excellent, with very few exceptions. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

It's just the impact Overprotected had on me... I will never forget that day back in 2001. It gets me every time I watch the video. And the song is simply geniusly composed. :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

3 hours ago, Alex Murr said:

She could have resumed the onxys tour after she recovers from her knee injury and resume the album promotion?:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Oops she deserved more singles with videos, if she was so successful that was why she barely had 4 singles?:juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

A singer i spoke to after a performance told me u can only do tour for first 6 months an album comes out. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block