Are you excited to see Halle Bailey as Ariel in The Little Mermaid live action movie?

I'm surprised at all the negative comments and so many different opinions... But the original movie has always been very impactful all around the world so I can see how people are so passionate about it. I'd like to say a few things about the lead role, though: Ariel's character IS inherently ****, or sensual if you will. Zendaya is not, she's more of an intellectual/pensive kind of woman and actor. Think Britney! Effortless ****, without being too intimidating. She also needs to be a good singer. About Ariana, an impeccable singer, she's way too big for this role; I've heard over and over again that casting directors never choose very well known personalities because they can easily overshadow the character and the story. You don't have to see Ariana or whoever famous playing a particular role, you have to think about the character and the story. Halle offers all of that.

On 5/15/2022 at 3:56 PM, Busybee said:

I am so beyond excited to see her as Ariel she has the perfect voice and innocent demeanor. I am however disappointed by the rest of the cast especially Ursula. I hope Melissa Mccarthy proves me wrong but I just am not buying into that. 

Also Prince Eric is the hottest prince there is and his casting is a huge injustice to all princes around. :whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done:

I thought Ariana would have made a good Ariel too but I think that would have been too spot on. Halle was an amazing choice and i think she will save the film.

When I heard a live action version of Little Mermaid was happening, I immediately thought Ariana should play Ariel. Didn’t happen but would’ve been a great choice. 

but I’m happy Ari is cast in Wicked. Never saw her as a Glinda, but I’m sure she’s going to shock us with a crazy performance. I have a feeling she won’t be nominated for her role, but the woman playing Elpaba will win awards for her role.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block