Are you excited to see Halle Bailey as Ariel in The Little Mermaid live action movie?

On 5/12/2022 at 8:21 PM, jordeezy said:

Did they cast a Daddy to play Triton??

noo they absolutely didnt...

On 5/12/2022 at 9:32 PM, MikeHunt said:

Javier Bardem…not my cup of tea but eh :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

spacer.png

arnold schwarzenegger vintage GIF by Okkult Motion PicturesHeart Love GIFdaddy arnold would be my only option.

not even speaking of the ariel and ursula actresses.

already feels like they destroyed one of my faves.

was promised a sofia coppola treatment with redhaired ´´florence and the machine`` like creatures.

and a dragqueen instead of melissa mcc. wouldve been a woke choice

Youtube Wtf GIF by PatrickStarrr

divine GIF

• Love 3
On 5/13/2022 at 2:22 PM, marcodemarlo said:

That fandmade poster is absolute trash!

Tonight Show Nbc GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I've actually been lucky enough to have worked on the movie and I can say it's going to be amazing. All the cast are GREAT and the love and dedication that went into making this movie is unlike any other production I have worked on. It has honestly been on of the best jobs I've ever had and probably will ever have (unless they do a sequel!) Halle's voice is very similar to Jodie Benson's btw. Who would've thought? Keep your eyes peeled for this one because it's going to be very different from the other live action Disney films or any other film ever made.

Is her tail gonna be completely CGI’d or is wearing an actual tail in the movie? 

On 5/12/2022 at 12:29 AM, RebellionSparkles said:

I hope the storyline changes. 

The plot to the original movie:
Boy meets girl. Boy loses girl. Girl loses ability to talk. Boy is obsessed with silent girl. Silent girl traps boy in love/lust and is rewarded by regaining her voice.

I loved this movie as a kid but made the mistake of rewatching it during the pandemic…ehhhg it did not age well.

I’ve always thought of it more as: girl dreams of world beyond the sheltered life she’s lived, rejects stereotypes of people not like her, *she saves a prince from shipwreck* (I think Ariel’s bravery/bad*ssery is undersold), during a moment of rebellion she makes a very raw deal and loses her voice, prince is hung up on the voice but comes to find there’s so much to love about her anyway.

But I guess it’s all in how you frame it.

The Little Mermaid Yes GIF

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Every piece of casting for this is wrong, but the biggest offense is Melissa McCarthy as Ursula...

Like what the actual eff are they thinking?

They already had someone who clearly had the chops play her, why not just give Queen Latifa the role? She was perfect already.

I can't say I have low expectations for this movie, because I highly expect it to be a steaming POS...

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I am so beyond excited to see her as Ariel she has the perfect voice and innocent demeanor. I am however disappointed by the rest of the cast especially Ursula. I hope Melissa Mccarthy proves me wrong but I just am not buying into that. 

Also Prince Eric is the hottest prince there is and his casting is a huge injustice to all princes around. :whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done:

I thought Ariana would have made a good Ariel too but I think that would have been too spot on. Halle was an amazing choice and i think she will save the film.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block