Britney: My book is coming out at the end of the year, "once it's released not sure what's gonna happen"

4 hours ago, britfan9 said:

But you say that as if the NYT didn’t try to reach out to Britney. They did. At the very end of Framing they said they tried but they didn’t know if their request reached her. Of course we now know why it didn’t. Then for Controlling, they reached out to Rosengart who did give a quote. 

It’s not like this happened long ago. I remember the momentum Framing gave the movement. Free Britney was considered a conspiracy theory between fans and then this documentary gave huge public interest. Whether or not public pressure helped change things, we’ll never know.. but I don’t think it’s a stretch. 

I think she gets to feel the way she wants to feel about them, the NYT people are professionals, they didnt do the documentaries expecting a "thank you" from her, what ever, they did help, and we fans appreciate them; remember, Britney is the only person that knows the whole thruth, and the one who lived through that hell

• Love 5
1 hour ago, devilsadvocate said:

How does she prevent getting sued while still exposing the industry in her book .. everyone’s probably preparing their lawsuits 

If Lou and Team Con were going to sue her, they already would have. But they haven't, because in order to win they would have to prove that what she is saying is untrue :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Freakshow__ said:

Can't wait...  I don't like the way she keeps trashing the documentaries that made her story be heard by millions outside her fanbase, but whatever... 

she acknowledges that they served a purpose, so she know they helped free her, but I think she dislikes the fact that they are yet another thing published about her without her consent / someone speaking on her behalf.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, G-unit said:

I am legit concerned about what will happen after her book is released.  It’s gonna be a sh!+ storm full of people trying to sue her for defamation.  I hope Daddy Rosengart is ready to defend her!

This is why I think there actually won't be much in it we don't already know and we may well end op with just more questions than answers...which is very on brand for Britney.

• Love 2

I honestlyI dont think she has something against the documentaries content wise. Her problem is with being under scrutiny whether it’s truthful reporting or not. Any platform that display her in anyway good or bad seems to upset her. She’s against being in the public eye… then again you have all these Instagram posts. What do I know. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, G-unit said:

I am legit concerned about what will happen after her book is released.  It’s gonna be a sh!+ storm full of people trying to sue her for defamation.  I hope Daddy Rosengart is ready to defend her!

yes and no; hear me out: I think if the CON players sue her it might lead to discovery or to a trial which might be even worse for them… I think they’ll just “ignore” it and pretend it’s fiction to avoid facing the legal implications.

kinda like with her court testimony… she dropped insane bombs and they all kinda ignored it cause they know it could raise more questions if they address it.

makes sense?

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, bas che said:

I honestlyI dont think she has something against the documentaries content wise. Her problem is with being under scrutiny whether it’s truthful reporting or not. Any platform that display her in anyway good or bad seems to upset her. She’s against being in the public eye… then again you have all these Instagram posts. What do I know. 

It seems like she has never had true control of the narrative. I feel like that is what she is really seeking to alter. She deserves to tell her side of the story...on her terms.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BlackoutITZ said:

That's not really the point though. Britney is entitled to feel however she feels about it. Maybe if you had strangers making documentaries about your life for everyone in the world to watch then you could relate to how she is feeling, but you don't.

You are right and so was the other user that quoted me (sorry I don't know how to multi-quote.) Britney is definitely entitled to feel that way. I can't imagine how it would feel to watch documentaries about my own life made by other people.

• Love 1

In addition to wanting to  control her narrative, she may be hyper allergic to people intruding. 

After all that boundary violation, i should imagine a need to lash out at people shoving into her space (even well meaning). Maybe not about the documentaries, more a sense of "leave me alone"

• Love 1

I cannot speak for Britney, obviously. Only Britney and her lawyer can, but that being said, her anger towards the documentaries is understandable...

Britney has spoken about how angry she was with her father, team and anyone involved with the conservatorship, and we even saw others try and use her justifiable anger against her to justify abuse. Her father brought it up in court, Jamie Lynn wrote a book and basically slandered Britney for being angry in 2020. Britney said it herself that she felt dead, and ignored because it felt like noone was listening to her; not her family, the courts, the media...

The only conversations being had before Framing basically justified her father's actions, despite the evidence or her workstrike, which was a factual strike.

While Framing Britney Spears brought eyes to her situation, and humanised her to a public that is more understanding. It did revisit a hard time for her, and only touch lightly on what was her current situation; put yourself in her place, how would you feel? The world is saying "we're sorry" but not "how can we change this?"

The BBC Documentary basically suggested that the fans and individuals who supported Britney were baseless conspiracy theorists, despite the fact they were ultimately proven right, while individuals who profited from Britney had opinion taken as fact, when rehashing Britney's trauma with no mention of those further benefitting and inflicting abuse onto her. Once again, how would you feel if one of the worlds most respected platforms said "well what do they know? Her dad said he knows best!"

By this point, Britney knew she was going to speak out, which truly started the ball rolling on her freedom, and I'm sure she appreciates the revelation and support of her friends and colleagues, but her anger is still justifiable; why did it take so long?

Britney is allowed say "I'm angry that noone was willing to openly speak before I had to" because it put her expirience back in the public eye, abd given how much her team profited from her anger being used against her, I'm sure that she felt that is what would happen.

I very much doubt Liz Day and Samantha Stark are offended by this, also, given how much they've seen and the fact that they're findings are being used in court.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, bas che said:

I don’t think she grasps the gravity of the situation, and how much the docs helped her. She would still be in a conservatorship had it not been for all that noise. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block