1989 (Taylor's Version) is coming!

1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

ugh I just heard "I Knew....", one of my favorites from her, and I cannot believe she washed it like that. That song is known for its incredibly big fat BASS... Max Martin is known for being very effective with somewhat (or apparent) minimalistic production. The bass repeatedly appears and goes in seconds; in Taylor's version, everything seems polished but consistent and washed up... There are no real breaks in that version, no ups and downs, no building momentum... Too bad she didn't see that, that she didn't understand the essence of the song, what made it so special. That's worrying. I mean, she's not "remixing" her albums, that's not the original intention, right? She is, or should in my opinion, do her best to REPLICATE the songs that made her famous and that her fan base already loves so much... Trying to revisit and revise them would be a mistake at this point, even if the songs weren't perfect to begin with. I imagine fans already love them as they are; and even if they didn't, those tracks are a testament of Taylor's artistry at the time, no need to tamper with that, she should just re-record them to get a hold of new publishing rights and make a personal statement, that's it.

Max Martin is a master of mixing and engineering. I would rather Taylor just do an accoustic 1989 than mess up the production IMO

Just now, jordeezy said:

Max Martin is a master of mixing and engineering. I would rather Taylor just do an accoustic 1989 than mess up the production IMO

Yeah, that was weird, working with the best and then pretending she'd be able to emulate it. Maybe her ego got the best of her.

FFFF I saw this thread and thought she had announced it. I swear everytime I go on Twitter I see either 'Speak Now TV' or '1989 TV' trending and I think she's announced a new rerecorded album but it's just fans speculating. 

It's been a while since Red TV though, hopefully she'll announce something soon.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Im nervous about 1989 without Max Martin tbh

'Wildest Dreams' sounds quite loyal to the original version, but I see where you're coming from. This wasn't produced by Max, but it still bothers me that the strings at the end of the bridge in 'State of Grace' were removed,

• Love 2
5 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

But I don't understand... I know Taylor doesn't have the (publishing?) RIGHTS to the original recordings (am I correct?), but knowing her personality I could bet she has a copy of the original files? And therefore all the stems and shiz, so even if Max isn't there remaking everything, with all that digital information they must be able to reproduce everything to the t... That's my guess? How did she get everything so on point so far then?

Kinda the opposite way around. She doesn't have access to the original material (so stems, masters, ownership etc.) but because she has writing credits on all her music, she has publishing rights.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Kinda the opposite way around. She doesn't have access to the original material (so stems, masters, ownership etc.) but because she has writing credits on all her music, she has publishing rights.

OoOoOoOohhh haha I get it now then! Thanks :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

I have always been conflicted with this album. While some of the deep cuts are actually good, the singles were massively promoted despite being clanky and annoying asf. If she will keep the same elements and progression of Shake It Off and Bad Blood, better scrap them off :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney: js tho.

• 2 weeks later...

I do agree with those mentioning that, so far, the Max Martin songs were odd without him. I actually consider the level of production with Aaron Dessner far superior, for the right songs. His instrumentation is truly a masterclass of acoustic sounds and musical movement, but I don`t think he knows how to bring out the bombasticness of pure pop. Max Martin is great at creating pop and he knows how to go for the thrill. That is why the songs have not translated successfully. Sometimes thrilling pop is not necessarily super musically polished, it`s like some French fries with cheese. If you are going to make that a fancy dish, it might not work. 

• Love 1
On 4/14/2022 at 2:02 PM, MikeHunt said:

I look forward to new music from her but I guess I have to be a Swifty to give a **** about her re-recordings… Give us reputation 2.0 Taylor! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

After November 10 and if it gets approved she can, It was supposed to be speak now, but unfortunately someone took the copyright and her team are having to actually re think that one as to find a title that fits (it's her only self written album to date).

I'd say Back to December, that seems to be the only time she admits it was her fault..

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block