What was the general public, fans, media's reaction to Gimme More?

• Super Mods
14 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

Ikr. She's probably the most unproblematic out of all the pop girls and yet she has been mistreated by the media, the gp etc since the start. The way they ruined a sweet, unproblematic, kind soul. The disrespect she gets is insane 💔💔😭😭

I know especially now that she announced she's pregnant.

SO many haters are commenting how she is too "crazy" and "mentally ill" to have a baby.

FK THEM!

They dont know her personally

• Love 1
On 4/10/2022 at 11:08 AM, Million Billion said:

In my country, mexico, there was a show on mtv where you could send messages about the music videos they aired. Gimme more was premiered on mtv and I can remember 3 types of gp:

1) haters: their thoughts were basically 'oh after all gone through shes still trying it, shes insane, this isnt 2005 anymore' (ironically the time gap from 05-07 was nothing) 

2) neutral people: the song is catchy but shes Crazy, she doesnt look like the old cute britney 

3) fans: :werk_britney_bw_black_white_dance_sexy_flirt_my_prerogative:

This is what i feel where only the initial perception towards new Britney music at the time because it had been quite long since the ITZ era hype, and from 05 to 07 everything the GP heard about her was tabloids so I kinda understand their feeling but I also feel like that feeling faded away as GM and Pice of Me became hits, it was like "ok we hate you but this sounds great" then Circus came out and the hitmaker was (supposedly) 100% back and everyone loved her again :awyeah_britney_yes_yas:

El Clic/Contra 2.0? I seem to remember a show called that on MTV back in the day, other than the iconic Los Diez Más Pedidos. I feel old :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

I was in college and I LOVED it.

It got played at a good amount of parties.

People liked making “it’s Britney *****” jokes.

But a lot of people were also making fun of her at that point for seeming weird, so she didn’t get the crazy credit she deserved for Black Out, which is an amazing piece of work.

19 hours ago, bliaz said:

El Clic/Contra 2.0? I seem to remember a show called that on MTV back in the day, other than the iconic Los Diez Más Pedidos. I feel old :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Yep. It was that show. To be more specific EL CLIC was the tv show and there was a section called PUTEAL@ or something similar to that which was basically about hating on the singer whose music video was aired. I remember so well when GM was premiered on that show, the hate was immense. 

Music industry has changed so freaking much, and not always in the best way 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block