Sam Smith and Normani sued for alleged plagiarism

• Content Curators

Sam and Normani are being sued over their duet 'Dancing With a Stranger.'

The complaint filed by songwriters Vincent, Christopher Miranda and Rosco Banlaoi at the Los Angeles federal court, allege Sam and Normani plagiarized elements of Jordan Vincent's 2017 song "Dancing With Strangers."

"The hook/chorus in both songs — the most significant part and artistic aspect of these works — contains the lyrics 'dancing with a stranger' being sung over a nearly identical melody and musical composition. Both videos consist of a girl performing interpretive dance alone in a minimalist studio, interspersed with shots of the male vocalist. A girl dancing alone is not an obvious visual theme for a music video titled 'Dancing With a Stranger,' tending to dispel any notion that this similarity is a coincidence. When the extraordinary musical similarity between the songs is also factored in, it becomes even more apparent that it is impossible that the infringing composition and sound recording were independently created."

Edited by Midnight

I wanna be there when you touch fire

I hear no similarities or anything with Jordan’s version and Sam’s version. Jordan has no case. Thank you next, betch. You can’t sue someone for taking “dancing with a stranger” if that’s the case, Frank Sinatra’s family, Dean Martin’s family, etc should sue one another. It’s old. And I’m bored. Next. 🙄

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block