Do you remember the moment you became a Britney fan? What was it that blew you away!

The back handspring in the Baby One More Time video. But what blew me away and opened my nose wide open was....the cover for Oops!. I cannot explain it other than I was young and dumb, but there was something about it inflamed me. And then the CD was dope and she was performing her *** off and that justified it.

• Love 1

I was 13, we just got a cable TV which had so many different channels and there was a channel that played the same music videos every day in the same order. Just before I'd leave the house for school, I'd sit and watch this one music video by this woman I didn't know yet. I was amazed by her versatility because the song had so many different styles musically and there were like 6 or 7 costume changes different themes going on in the music video each had a different set and choreography.

Yes, the song that made me a stan was no other than Chris Cox Megamix  :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Now that I think about it, it was like a crash course since I did get exposed to all the bops at the same time 

• Love 2

When I first heard Baby One More Time during a commercial for the Sabrina the Teenage Witch Soundtrack and wondered, what was this enchanting sound I had never heard in my life before??? I bought the soundtrack thinking it was Soda Pop for the longest time until ... obviously I realized it wasn't the right song. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: "Soda Pop" :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary: I was experiencing some hardcore cognitive dissonance for that brief period because Soda Pop is **** compared to BOMT. Oops indeed Britney! :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:

• Love 1

I will never ever forget watching her debut music video for baby one more time. I was 12 years old and sitting alone in my basement and I remember thinking how she’s going to be huge and I am going to love her. Instant fan. Fast forward to today, I will be 36 years old soon and I still love her. I feel like I’ve grown up with her. I remember being 14 years old when the Lucky music video came out and I would love to watch it with my first boyfriend. I was 16 years old and having my first beer when the Slave for you music video premiered. That was a defining moment. I felt like I was saying goodbye to my innocence at the exact same time that Britney was. I’ll never forget when I was out shopping and there was a store that was playing her ABC special on the big screens. I became so mesmerized by the way she danced during Breathe on Me, I stopped shopping that day to watch the entire special. I’ll never forget the premiere of My prerogative music video, when I was in my twenties, which solidified my standom. I’ll never forget the sadness I felt for her when I watched the video of her shaving her head. I cried and cried during her dark years. I really felt for her. When she made her first big comeback with Circus, I’ll never forget how I literally spilt my entire bowl of pasta when the mannequin rehearsal video came out. I was SO excited for her to return. I will NEVER forget when she actually made eye contact with me when I was front row at Piece of Me back in 2016 for my 30th birthday. And at that same show, I will never forget being chosen as a runner up to go on stage during Freakshow (down to me and another dude). I almost met her and my life would have been complete. I love Britney and I always will. Not just the artistry, the person. She is a beautiful human being and I wish nothing but the best for her, and she damn well deserves it. 

• Love 2

For me, her consistency was the most attractive thing about her. Her singles were so strong. Her music was so unbelievable, she just got better and better. Britney was the most loveable popstar of the late nighties/early noughties. That’s why she will forever be in the heart of a certain generation. She was humble and never pretentious, she gave us the best bobs of a generation. She achieved something so unattainable by almost any other artist and gave us the ability to connect with her unlike any other artist. I truly believe Britney is the last artist to give her fans that. Pop music today is just disposable, Britney gave us something to not only obsess over but something to connect to and she is the reason I’m happy and proud of to be my age. I’ll be forever grateful to her for that.

On 2/19/2022 at 11:43 PM, strongertomorrow said:

Her 2000 VMA oops performance is one of my absolute favorites of all time, I watch it at least a couple of times a week, in my opinion better than slave even

I totally agree. This made me a Stan. During the baby era I will admit I liked her but was a little embarrassed about it while also criticizing for the lipsynching. When oops came out my friends and i listened to it constantly and i really liked her a lot. But once I saw 2000 VMA I couldn't deny my love anymore. She blew me away. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block