Do you remember the moment you became a Britney fan? What was it that blew you away!

• Stronger (motivation playlist)
  • Lonely (love the vocals and video) 
  • Not a girl, not yet a woman (empowering)
  • Overprotected (vocals, her moves)
  • Oops (vocals, moves) 

So alive, happy and skilled. Makes it look easy. Also her parenting, kindness, faith,positivity, work ethic etc.

2007 felt she was treated so unfairly by media during divorce etc 

Freebritney made me put in more than just playing a song or saying a prayer for her when i saw a headline.

It was horrifiying to realize what had happened to her . FB NYT Documentary. Then testimony was hair raising, i was in shock. Then started researching and posting. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

During the Circus era, I remember my 12 year old self being really impressed with how far she had come since her breakdown the previous year. Womanizer was okay and I thought the music video was cool, but I fell in love with Circus (song) and If U Seek Amy so brought Circus (album).

I had heard some of Britney’s songs before but never paid much attention to them during my younger years ddd although I remember liking Lucky and its music video!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Girl I don’t care to go through your post history. All I know is you were and continue to give a platform to racist trolls and anti-Sam’s like c0cky and his minions. That speaks enough volume. ANYWAY…how’s that nightclub going? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Girl the night club was so much fun, wish you were there you could've used a night out of  the house for once.

how was going through my post history all night, super fan?:gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

With B it was LEVELS to it lol. Like she gradually made me a **** stan but I've always kept my eyes on her since BOMT which initially hooked me

BOMT video- i was glued to the screen at 6 

Slave 4 U- was the ONE that cemented my LOVE her cuz i was such a Pharrell and Janet stan. And the Britney album was the first album of her's I listened to in full when i was 9 and i was FLOOORED I couldn't get enough of it i would play it all day and create dances and video concepts in my head; she was just everywhere 

ITZ- My Big sister started to LOVE her this era esp MATM video omg  I remember almost tearing cuz of how much it reminded me of MJ & his Smooth Criminal video then TOXIC dropped! It was sonically ******* with my head lol it was so perfect I couldn't believe how elevated her music was becoming. I went to the mall w/ my mom and didn't know the album name & kept calling it "Toxic" lol. That album really shifted my love for dance and art it was so trancey and vibey and ***ual  without really talking about s**. It opened my ***uality up that was around 11.

Then i fell off HARD after the greatest hits album and was obsessed with Do something but just the song. Safe to say Gimme More brought me back to stan mode and again i couldn't believe she was THAT edgy i was GAGGING before i had to go to school that morning lmao! Hooked ever since 

Yeah

So it was late 2018, and a friend and I found SP on Just Dance, and we really liked the song so we used to play it on JD every other day. A few weeks after (early 2019), I found some songs from my childhood (ttwe and iwg, I am a genz so I remember them being all over the radio when I was a kid), and I saw they were sang by Britney, so then I started to get more invested into her music, and then into her, and well, we all know the ending.

This last year or so I haven't been keeping up that much with Britney(she was my #1 artist on lastfm tho) and Breatheheavy, but still, Britney has a very special part in my heart, if it wasn't for her, I could have never started to get more invested into music, charts, and so on

Just now, Slayer said:

@GODNA IS A QUEEN @3IsACharm33, there is an 'Ignore User' feature, use it if you can't be civil.

Hi Slayer, glad you responded! Normally I wouldn’t have cared but the user was clearly trying to antagonize me in the OP with an ageist comment. Like I said — normally I wouldn’t care — say if it was from a member I am friends or cool with — but this is someone who has continuously shown hostility and disrespect in the past towards me and others. Not to mention, his ageist past. Sure, I am upfront about certain things but I also do not tolerate certain behavior — as we all know. This is someone who also has and continues to harass me via PM and has name-called me several times in this thread. I wasn’t even planning to “report” certain comments until a moderator suggested I should do so. At this point, it wouldn’t seem to matter since this thread will most likely continue when the OP was clearly being disrespectful and trying to get a reaction out of me. If you want to discuss in more detail or private, I’d be glad to.  Thanks Slayer. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block