Janet Jackson announced her Retirement through the documentary, Black diamond album and tour is the last time to see or hear anything from her.

The documentary basically Aired on the east coast and DirecTV west coast through the east coast airings.

But social media basically shared that her upcoming album and tour is her last, her son is basically getting older and she wants to be there, plus she said that the culture made it harder for her to fight to prove she was important.

So when she announces her tour better get your tickets.

Cos this is her last time she's going on tour and it's really a farewell, she's 55 and understands the culture is not there for her or women her age. So she's bowing out her way..

@Prachi

@Jordan Miller

• Like 4

How heart breaking this is to hear :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Her music has always meant so much to me. I've never gone to a tour before and always thought Kylie would be my first, but if this truly is her last one I NEED to see it! It would be an amazing experience to see her perform live :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Can't wait for the album too! Although I'm sad to hear this, I'm glad she's happy with her son and wish her nothing but happiness ❤ 

rhythm nation dance GIF by Janet Jackson

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
16 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

I feel like M has stopped doing so lol. I feel like M should have retired after MDNA or RH lol. 

I agree. 

I did not like Madame X at all plus she's just doing alot of embarassing behavior.

Sadly most young people see her as an old and desperate hag

than the bad azz chick she was in the 80s and 90s.

Damn what I would've given to be old enough to experience both decades when her and Janet

were at their prime.  :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Love 4

For now anyway.

But regarding her point - yes it's true labels don't care for older artists... but that's the beauty of streaming platforms like Spotify and social media. It's so easy for anyone to release music independently now.  Heck, even my own friends have music on all the major streaming platforms and I was shocked how easy it was.  I've said this about Britney as well... they both have huge fanbases and great connections in the industry already, and can probably make way more money without all the unnecessary crooks at the labels that take big cuts for not even doing their jobs with marketing or support anyway, and they would own the music themselves.  If they truly want to release music and have creative freedom, they should go totally go independent and or start their on mini labels and release music on their own terms. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, princessmimi said:

I agree. 

I did not like Madame X at all plus she's just doing alot of embarassing behavior.

Sadly most young people see her as an old and desperate hag

than the bad azz chick she was in the 80s and 90s.

Damn what I would've given to be old enough to experience both decades when her and Janet

were at their prime.  :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Exactly. I like Confessions and Hard Candy tbh even if I'm a casual listener. I agree with every single thing you said. 

And i think she needs to stop acting as if she's 25 again and yeah, it's sad people see her that way (for example, i wish she never collabed Nicki). But her from the 80s to the 2000s was AWESOME!! 

I hope she stops acting like that and starts acting like the legend she is (after Hard Candy she kind if became a totally different person 😭

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
16 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

Exactly. I like Confessions and Hard Candy tbh even if I'm a casual listener. I agree with every single thing you said. 

And i think she needs to stop acting as if she's 25 again and yeah, it's sad people see her that way (for example, i wish she never collabed Nicki). But her from the 80s to the 2000s was AWESOME!! 

I hope she stops acting like that and starts acting like the legend she is (after Hard Candy she kind if became a totally different person 😭

Omg I totally agree! I remember when Confessions came out, I saw her Hung Up video on TRL or MTV and I immediately loved it!
I also liked when 4 minutes came out in 2008.

I feel like Madonna  is mentally stuck in the 80s and thinks she's in her 20s when shes freakin 63!

Her behavior is gross and is also tarnishing what made her so cool and famous in the first place.

My fave era of hers is the Like A Virgin era cause she was so effortlessly cool and awesome

and all the songs were amazing!

I was DEFINITELY born in the wrong generation lmao 

• Love 2
On 2/3/2022 at 12:11 AM, princessmimi said:

Omg I totally agree! I remember when Confessions came out, I saw her Hung Up video on TRL or MTV and I immediately loved it!
I also liked when 4 minutes came out in 2008.

I feel like Madonna  is mentally stuck in the 80s and thinks she's in her 20s when shes freakin 63!

Her behavior is gross and is also tarnishing what made her so cool and famous in the first place.

My fave era of hers is the Like A Virgin era cause she was so effortlessly cool and awesome

and all the songs were amazing!

I was DEFINITELY born in the wrong generation lmao 

It's true. 

About the Confessions era I'm still like... Was it even real? The era really was A DREAM!!!! LAV era was cool tho.

And yay, we were born in the wrong gen 😓😓😭😭😭

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block