Janet Jackson announced her Retirement through the documentary, Black diamond album and tour is the last time to see or hear anything from her.

7 minutes ago, HoneyBooBoo said:

Old Lady Dancing GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop                                  I mean she’s just 55 so she still can have her fun. 

Yeah, I don't think it's about age, she just feels disconnected with what's going on in the world right now, she's way more chill and sensitive and she's obviously past her primer so she can't compete (and she doesn't need nor want to either). And I guess that if Britney doesn't start reactivating her creative self again, she might find herself in the same spot soon enough... 15 years earlier than Janet. I'm worried about that, honestly.

• Love 1

BOOOO...

I'm sorry but no.

No.

No.

No.

Unbreakable was a good album and step in the right direction. The era was clouded by her husband's influence and her covering up and not being able to fully dance in such outfits.

Good for her retiring for her son but she still has much performing in her. Mariah Carey, Cher, and other artists are still selling and performing.

She could return to form if she wanted but doesn't want to. I understand but this seems like a cop-out. I find it odd how she is selling stuff but nothing else. Is she hard for cash?

I love Janet and that's a good decision. She's 55,56? Unbrekable was released after 7 yrs break, Black Diamond will be as well after 7 yrs as well. So i dont see a reason to put album when shes gonna be 63 or something. So if its not her last album its for sure some kind of 'the end'. She's having a child to raise so its fair. She's always released a very long albums so dont expect 12 songs from her. Maybe if she didnt have a small child and didnt take that long breaks. But with that its impossible. 

But dont get it twisted. It all depends. She's just not sure right now like Cher was in 2001 about if can, if her body can handle that. Cher decided later that she still can ;) All depends about money. You can still release something just like that with no music videos or smt, but popstars are too proud for this. 

The problem is that you can sing like Tony Benett to your 95 age, but for a popstar when audience is expecting a "pop show" its impossible after 65+ yrs. We will see how long Madonna would like to do that - but with every next era everything is 'cut', Madame X was a smaller and more intimate tour. So i will be not suprised if with next era she would not even go on tour.

Be kind - these pop stars are living in constant pressure and i think that they should really live in peace after their 50s or 60s. They have money, but even with that sometimes they cant 'buy' health.

Im really curious how long our generation will work - Beyonce, Xtina, Britney... mid 50s? mid 60s? I dont expect more. I think that Madonna is a very passionate person about art, but as well she wants to prove that nobody will be a Queen - doing that longer than her so she can be exception from all of that - but its very...... forced. I dont wanna see Madonna in next decade. Its too much. I hope that shes gonna create a masterpiece and leave the stage with some dignity in this decade. So maximum 2 more albums. 

• Love 2
On 2/6/2022 at 3:59 AM, TheRealLou said:

I love Janet and that's a good decision. She's 55,56? Unbrekable was released after 7 yrs break, Black Diamond will be as well after 7 yrs as well. So i dont see a reason to put album when shes gonna be 63 or something. So if its not her last album its for sure some kind of 'the end'. She's having a child to raise so its fair. She's always released a very long albums so dont expect 12 songs from her. Maybe if she didnt have a small child and didnt take that long breaks. But with that its impossible. 

But dont get it twisted. It all depends. She's just not sure right now like Cher was in 2001 about if can, if her body can handle that. Cher decided later that she still can ;) All depends about money. You can still release something just like that with no music videos or smt, but popstars are too proud for this. 

The problem is that you can sing like Tony Benett to your 95 age, but for a popstar when audience is expecting a "pop show" its impossible after 65+ yrs. We will see how long Madonna would like to do that - but with every next era everything is 'cut', Madame X was a smaller and more intimate tour. So i will be not suprised if with next era she would not even go on tour.

Be kind - these pop stars are living in constant pressure and i think that they should really live in peace after their 50s or 60s. They have money, but even with that sometimes they cant 'buy' health.

Im really curious how long our generation will work - Beyonce, Xtina, Britney... mid 50s? mid 60s? I dont expect more. I think that Madonna is a very passionate person about art, but as well she wants to prove that nobody will be a Queen - doing that longer than her so she can be exception from all of that - but its very...... forced. I dont wanna see Madonna in next decade. Its too much. I hope that shes gonna create a masterpiece and leave the stage with some dignity in this decade. So maximum 2 more albums. 

I don't know about Bey but do you really think Britney will work again in the music business I have my doubts actually she will not making music but performing IDK actually and Xtina is always been herself - I don't see her reaching even 9-10 english albums but tbh I do care about music from my generation these girls raised us you know I don't wanna them to stop even if it sells 2 copies but idk feels like the end of an era. 

1 hour ago, NoGlorySlander said:

I don't know about Bey but do you really think Britney will work again in the music business I have my doubts actually she will not making music but performing IDK actually and Xtina is always been herself - I don't see her reaching even 9-10 english albums but tbh I do care about music from my generation these girls raised us you know I don't wanna them to stop even if it sells 2 copies but idk feels like the end of an era. 

Oh Brit is a diffrent example of all of that. I just put her because you never know. In Glory era she said that she's having '9 more albums to do' - maybe passion will reborn in her. Money doesnt fall from trees.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block