Hilary Duff comments on how society treated Britney when she shaved her head

2 hours ago, SunshineKB said:

"publicly" is a super unfair word to use ... that woman could not do ANYTHING or go ANYWHERE without it being blasted in the media. She tried to go to a salon to have it done. Is that not what anyone wanting their hair done would do? When the salon refused, she did it her freaking self. It was absolutely an act of rebellion, a defiant act of power and freedom. 

Actually the story tells that SHE on puropose showcase the moment of shaving behind this kind of a screen of the window. Any paps was INSIDE this salon, they wanted to show it to take pics.

23 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

Honestly, her shaving her head was probably so ******* satisfying for her. For the first time ever she got to do something that was 100% her own choice, it was the ultimate act of freedom and rebellion against the image that she was forced to portray by her label, family media and GP. We should look it back as empowering moment, not something that was shameful. Society should normalize any hairstyle for any person. Also she still looked so freaking beautiful without hair that I don't get why GP still tries to make fun of her baldness :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

tumblr_oaomhtIvd61qe28lco1_500.png

Exactly!!! I freakin' LOVE this look :bow_bowing_orange: 

On 1/19/2022 at 1:47 PM, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

YES. 100%!!!

Even us fans do this. It's hard to catch yourself, because it comes from a place of good intentions, but it's not our place. Also, Britney really was the last superstar that was a "commodity" in terms of how her brand capitalized on her popularity in society -- I think that is what has kept her in this cycle, she hasn't fully integrated herself as a superstar of this generation yet, in terms of exposure, publicity, etc. She was the last of monoculture, where everyone followed the same thing and celebrities did not have as much control as they do now (I write about this on my Medium post, here). 

The stars these days are their own commodities; part of their brand they created themselves thanks to social media and their engagement on Instagram. Britney never had that in her prime, so it was very much a cause and effect type of superstardom, rather than one of merging. 

That was a really good article!! 

She ain't lying! We all reach low points in our life you know. Britney was under lots of stress. Coming off a very high public divorce, losing custody of her kids, ****ty *** parents and crazy sibling being pregnant for attention. Anyone would lose it! I'm honestly this close to shaving my own head. Britney is no crazier than you or I!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block