What's Happening With Ariana Grande's Career?

On 12/12/2021 at 5:14 AM, Henry M. Torres said:

Okay so I noticed few very interesting things about Ariana's career lately and I'd love to hear what you think. 

• Her last album sold only 174,000 copies in its first week.
  • In 2021 she lost her title of ''the most followed woman on Instagram'' to Kylie Jenner. 
  • Her latest single from the album got to *only* #2 spot on Billboard Hot 100 despite big promotion - two music videos, remix with two of the most famous female rappers of this time. At this point it should have been #1 for weeks, right? 
  • I don't see her in news as much as before, it seems like people are losing interest in her private life (what is good for her but it's weird for general public). 
  • She became a coach on The Voice and surprisingly reports say that I did nothing to views 
  • So on The Voice every coach has their own team and fans vote after every episode and Ariana's whole team got eliminated before the finale :queenie_falling_dying_dead: (very surprising)
  • Her new makeup brand didn't do much of noise (someone can compare her sales with other artists' brands because I also heard it doesn't do as well)
  • She gets tons of hate that she looks different and she has a new face (poor Ariana, why people judge someone's appearance?) +  cultural appropriation accusations as always 
  • Her last songs (like 4 of them, not from the albums) don't do well on charts
  • She's huge in streaming but... well, probably because of massive playlisting 

It's not a hate thread, please don't take it that way. It's just an interesting observation. I like Ariana. She's still one of the biggest pop star nowadays, obviously! But what do you think about all of that?

In my opinion it can mean nothing and it can mean that people don't **** with her anymore and she's on a good way to become a flop :emma: Probably because people got tired of her releasing song after song and she can't build the hype for new things.

But well her last #1 with The Weeknd on Hot 100 wasn't long time ago... only few months ago. Good for both of them! Things like that happen to artists - when they don't do as well as before but it doesn't mean their career is over. When it comes to Ariana, it obviously can get worse but there's a big possibility that it means nothing at all and her next era will be huge. We will have to wait and see! 

Ariana Grande stuns in statuesque crop-top for heartbreaking The Voice  episode | HELLO!

She like many pop stars already peaked. It’s not going to last.

I think she has gotten a bit bland.  She needs to switch up her sound to stand out a bit.  The Positions era didn’t have any standout visuals, a lot of songs had the same sound (to the casual listener).  I think she will be successful as her career goes on but I think Dangerous Woman/Thank U, Next will be her peak.

On 12/13/2021 at 3:44 AM, Henry M. Torres said:

Of course someone had to find something wrong with this totally unproblematic thread, it's ''woke'' culture's hobby :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: Please, grow up and focus on things that are actually problematic 

It's OBVIOUSLY a problematic thread... You're basically questioning a very successful artist :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

• Like 1
On 12/13/2021 at 3:49 AM, Henry M. Torres said:

Wow very interesting, I didn't know she mocked native Americans on her IG story @bitbitboi how about you calling her out for this? :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod: (I don't even understand the video but she got called out by people)... and this?

https://www.exposingsmg.com/blog/ariana-grande-and-dalton-gomez-are-being-blackmailed-arianas-image-obsessed

This site was right multiple times about celebs but I'd take it with pinch of salt obvi. 

THIS post would be "woke", and I did not do it. My comment is more related to people's expectations and mental health.

You listed all the ways in which she is flopping. In my opinion, it shows that she had been overworked for so long. She took a low key approach on her last albums. She almost didnt promote, due to the pandemic and other reasons. Her gig in the Voice could be a way for her to be busy with other activities other than touring and performing. I think sis just needs a break and Scooter has not let her. He even mentioned it on an interview and seemed kinda mad about her taking a break 

• Like 1

I think Ariana is at the same point Britney was when she married Kevin. She wanted to slow down, take less work, relax, enjoy her life with her husband. Why do fans constantly ask for more? This constant demand makes her label and manager keep moving the goalposts for her big long break. Just like Rihanna, who worked on albums nonstop, until she was able to take a break, I think Ariana deserves a break as well. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, limecakes said:

You listed all the ways in which she is flopping. In my opinion, it shows that she had been overworked for so long. She took a low key approach on her last albums. She almost didnt promote, due to the pandemic and other reasons. Her gig in the Voice could be a way for her to be busy with other activities other than touring and performing. I think sis just needs a break and Scooter has not let her. He even mentioned it on an interview and seemed kinda mad about her taking a break 

Ariana needs to leave Scooter, the fact she didn't want ghostin' on thank u next as it was too personal for her. 

Plus his main focus is Justin bieber to the point kid laroi called him a crappy manager. 

That shows you he's not really doing his job if his main focus is his first client..

7 hours ago, Isla said:

Just goes to show that Scooter isn't a good manager then ddd

9 hours ago, limecakes said:

Scooter shaded her few weeks ago in an interview for releasing too much ''****ty'' (he said that) music and because of that people don't like it. Looks like he's mad that Ariana's last album flopped :emma: I can't find this interview, does anyone have it? 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block