What's Happening With Ariana Grande's Career?

2 hours ago, Henry M. Torres said:

I like and respect Ariana, I only wanted to talk about my observation. What's the problem? 

The observation itself: The unsustainable standards, the horrible comparisons, the disregard for her amazing past achievements, the insufferable need for more. And all while she's actually maturing as a person and an artist, so basically when she's at her best.

I honestly don't know how the new generations will cope with themselves when they get older.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I have only watched the Voice this season just to see her in a different light. I think she’s such a sweet person and very talented but humble at the same time. Success wise, I think after the unfortunate Manchester tragedy, she re-evaluated a lot and started releasing music that she loves and enjoys even if they’re not charts friendly. I don’t think she cares about the numbers anymore and just wants to enjoy music. 

Personally, I believe God Is A Woman and No Tears Left To Cry are some of the most unique and very well crafted pop songs that she will always be remembered for. TUN was a commercial success because of the video mostly.

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 3
9 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

The observation itself: The unsustainable standards, the horrible comparisons, the disregard for her amazing past achievements, the insufferable need for more. And all while she's actually maturing as a person and an artist, so basically when she's at her best.

I honestly don't know how the new generations will cope with themselves when they get older.

Of course someone had to find something wrong with this totally unproblematic thread, it's ''woke'' culture's hobby :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: Please, grow up and focus on things that are actually problematic 

Wow very interesting, I didn't know she mocked native Americans on her IG story @bitbitboi how about you calling her out for this? :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod: (I don't even understand the video but she got called out by people)... and this?

Back in August, my source told me that “There’s a video of her and her husband that someone’s threatening to leak. It’s supposedly very controversial.”

https://www.exposingsmg.com/blog/ariana-grande-and-dalton-gomez-are-being-blackmailed-arianas-image-obsessed

This site was right multiple times about celebs but I'd take it with pinch of salt obvi. 

14 hours ago, overprotecteddance said:

I really liked her in the sweetener era and before, but since she changed her face I just kinda stop liking her so much, I felt she changed totally with it...With the new face came the album Positions which honestly can't be compared to her previous work...But no hate, she will always be special somehow I guess...but she was so sweet and cute before all those fillers, what was she thinking? :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I hear that. It’s like she got a new face for her new era & it caused a disconnect for me because it was a downgrade (for me, personally). Not just in her face, but her entire vibe. 

& don’t say I am picking apart her looks when girl is obviously picking apart her FACE. Am I just supposed to pretend I don’t notice?

19 hours ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

This post reminds me of the time the media reported that then“Britney” Album was a flop:sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

mte.

i'm no ariana fan, in fact her last era was kind of disappointing to me, i didn't like positions at ALL, but in what world is a number 2 spot on billboard a flop?

we have to understand that music artists not going straight to number one with every single doesn't mean they're flopping, it's just that maybe after the last massive years for her and new stars coming out ppl are paying a bit less attention, but it's just a bit.

it's just like britney after oops, she hasn't achieved that level of success ever since but her star power was at its highest in 2002-03 imo.

i still think ariana is the main pop girl atm and i'd love billie eilish or doja cat to take that spot, but the reality is that it's her. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Danielle1987 said:

I hear that. It’s like she got a new face for her new era & it caused a disconnect for me because it was a downgrade (for me, personally). Not just in her face, but her entire vibe. 

& don’t say I am picking apart her looks when girl is obviously picking apart her FACE. Am I just supposed to pretend I don’t notice?

Exactly what I meant. Like I really did try to ignore her new looks but it just did not work for me :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

• Love 1

I don't know in what world y'all are living in, but Ariana is literally all over the radio and all over streaming services. She was hugely successful this year according to billboard:

• Ariana is the14th biggest artist this year in the US, and 3rd among women after Taylor and Olivia
  • Positions is the 14th most succeful song of 2021 in US and 19th globally [34+35 is #21 on both] - that's aside Save Your Tears at #2 on both charts
  • Positions is the 8th biggest album of the year in the US [3rd in Females after Evermore and Sour] and [Thank U Nxt is #92]

It does feel sometimes that she is being shoved down our throats... but she is huge! Her career is still going very strong and is in a very solid state. 

• Like 1

She has a massive and loyal fan base no matter what. Her style, voice and music had been replicated by a lot of people, from random people to celebrities and singer. Her image used to be very distinctive, as she has a lot of gimmick (her yuh, her sweatshirt-boot kinda styling and the bunny ears for instance). Not to mention her private life had been discussed a lot those past years. I don't even listen to her but those facts alone make her a pop icon, that would be hypocrite to say otherwise.

If we focus on sale or charts only britney could have been called a flop since 2001

• Like 1
On 12/12/2021 at 6:02 PM, returcus said:

Right now (but just right now) she's okay, but she's on the market since almost 9 years. It's time for her to flop - she's not Beyonce and Taylor Swift. Actually for having THAT VOICE she is not even trying to show it - only sweet rnb friendly songs, how long it can last? Almost everybody after 10 years is starting to flop. She needs to finally show something diffrent, did she release even a one ballad in her career? For what reason she's not using her voice - she could be another Mariah, Celine, Christina vocalist. She's starting to become boring

she's more popular than Taylor Swift or Beyoncé WW though, look at her global charts/YT figures etc.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block