What's Happening With Ariana Grande's Career?

I really liked her in the sweetener era and before, but since she changed her face I just kinda stop liking her so much, I felt she changed totally with it...With the new face came the album Positions which honestly can't be compared to her previous work...But no hate, she will always be special somehow I guess...but she was so sweet and cute before all those fillers, what was she thinking? :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I feel like people forget how massive and successful the Dangerous Woman / Sweetener / THANK U, Next eras were. Not to mention the tragedy in Manchester and everything that's happened since then to her.

This happens with all female pop stars and I don't know why we keep having the same conversation over and over again.

She's not irrelevant, nor is she less successful because of some numbers. She's got her fans and she's got her niche. Change is imminent but this shouldn't discredit her success thus far. Ariana is one of the artists that defined the 2010s with her music, vocals, ponytail/heels. 

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

First things first: I saw Ariana live 2 times (was supposed to see her with Dangerous Woman but Manchester happened....).

Girl is an AMAZING vocalist.

That said...

Ariana lacks the ability to improve artistically and thus shows lack of artistic growth.

Her last album brings nothing new to her discography as it's the same kind of sound she has ever since Dangerous Woman. 

Sweetener and Thank You next were already very much alike sound wise. The fact she put another album with that sound makes her come off as a boring artist.

People LOVE artists that keep on re-inventing themself, Madonna, Britney, Kylie, they all went with a different kind if persona for nearly each album and it worked.

Even Taylor Swift knows how to spice things up and doesn't stay in the same lane too long.

Ariana needs to do something totally different that people don't expecr her to cause plain and simple: she's predictable at this point.

Same goes very much for her style of clothing: oversized tops and high boots with a ponytail.

Girl, DITCH THE LOOK ALREADY.

And no I don't mean she has to blackspray her skin or go for Asian looks. There are plenty of styles to discover without insulting people.

Change your haircolour to black, cut it short, ... 

It's all for the complete picture. 

Then her performances...again...nothing new, all the same. Nothing really outstanding or shocking that makes people forget about it.

She doesn't have to perform with a snake but even Miley knew how to keep the people talking about her and her VMA performance goes down as one of the most memorable moments in award shows. 

While her vocals are awesome, the vocals alone ain't good enough for the type of music she releases.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

I feel like people forget how massive and successful the Dangerous Woman / Sweetener / THANK U, Next eras were. Not to mention the tragedy in Manchester and everything that's happened since then to her.

This happens with all female pop stars and I don't know why we keep having the same conversation over and over again.

She's not irrelevant, nor is she less successful because of some numbers. She's got her fans and she's got her niche. Change is imminent but this shouldn't discredit her success thus far. Ariana is one of the artists that defined the 2010s with her music, vocals, ponytail/heels. 

Geralt, will you show us your butt in season 2 of The Witcher? :emma::pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped: PLEASE :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

First things first: I saw Ariana live 2 times (was supposed to see her with Dangerous Woman but Manchester happened....).

Girl is an AMAZING vocalist.

That said...

Ariana lacks the ability to improve artistically and thus shows lack of artistic growth.

Her last album brings nothing new to her discography as it's the same kind of sound she has ever since Dangerous Woman. 

Sweetener and Thank You next were already very much alike sound wise. The fact she put another album with that sound makes her come off as a boring artist.

People LOVE artists that keep on re-inventing themself, Madonna, Britney, Kylie, they all went with a different kind if persona for nearly each album and it worked.

Even Taylor Swift knows how to spice things up and doesn't stay in the same lane too long.

Ariana needs to do something totally different that people don't expecr her to cause plain and simple: she's predictable at this point.

Same goes very much for her style of clothing: oversized tops and high boots with a ponytail.

Girl, DITCH THE LOOK ALREADY.

And no I don't mean she has to blackspray her skin or go for Asian looks. There are plenty of styles to discover without insulting people.

Change your haircolour to black, cut it short, ... 

It's all for the complete picture. 

Then her performances...again...nothing new, all the same. Nothing really outstanding or shocking that makes people forget about it.

She doesn't have to perform with a snake but even Miley knew how to keep the people talking about her and her VMA performance goes down as one of the most memorable moments in award shows. 

While her vocals are awesome, the vocals alone ain't good enough for the type of music she releases.

True, she doesn't take risks and she stays in her comfort zone for too long 

• Like 1

I think she's doing fine. Positions was a decent album, although I was surprised it came out when she did when I thought she may have taken the time off. Having said that I did actually enjoy the album and I wish there had been more than two singles from it. 34+35 still was a hit even if it didn't go to number one. I don't think the album was a complete failure either, it did well enough. There was a lot of buzz online when it was released. 

She just seems to be focusing on other projects right now (e.g. The Voice and her beauty brand, she also has the Netflix film Don't Look Up coming out).  I have heard she may go back into the studio soon though to work on more new music although she has put out the odd collab recently (e.g. Just Look Up with Kid Cudi). 

• Love 2

I absolutely DESPISE threads like this. You say it's not a hate thread, but I think it is. She's doing absolutely fine. The problem is with some people thinking that you either have to be on top of everything 100% of the time, or you're dead. That's disgusting and unfair. And then there are mental health issues in the world... :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

• Love 5

Y’all are kinda harsh lol 

she’s done better than fine she’s doing GREAT. 
Positions didn’t do as good as it’s predecessors but 34+35 was a solid radio hit, I heard it a lot. Save Your Tears remix as well 

she’s just not promoting as much as she used to. She reached overexposure on 2019 so she calmed it down after her tour ended and then with covid. The thing is tho since she is still with Scooter Braun he always wants her to do something to bring in revenue, which is why she has the perfume line and positions came out in 2020, this is also why she did the voice and rem beauty this past year. Scoot and her label need her to bring revenue. 

Overall I think you guys are a little too harsh on her u don’t have to like her but don’t treat her the same hyper critical harsh way media did to Britney in 2000s

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block