What's Happening With Ariana Grande's Career?

Okay so I noticed few very interesting things about Ariana's career lately and I'd love to hear what you think. 

• Her last album sold only 174,000 copies in its first week.
  • In 2021 she lost her title of ''the most followed woman on Instagram'' to Kylie Jenner. 
  • Her latest single from the album got to *only* #2 spot on Billboard Hot 100 despite big promotion - two music videos, remix with two of the most famous female rappers of this time. At this point it should have been #1 for weeks, right? 
  • I don't see her in news as much as before, it seems like people are losing interest in her private life (what is good for her but it's weird for general public). 
  • She became a coach on The Voice and surprisingly reports say that I did nothing to views 
  • So on The Voice every coach has their own team and fans vote after every episode and Ariana's whole team got eliminated before the finale :queenie_falling_dying_dead: (very surprising)
  • Her new makeup brand didn't do much of noise (someone can compare her sales with other artists' brands because I also heard it doesn't do as well)
  • She gets tons of hate that she looks different and she has a new face (poor Ariana, why people judge someone's appearance?) +  cultural appropriation accusations as always 
  • Her last songs (like 4 of them, not from the albums) don't do well on charts
  • She's huge in streaming but... well, probably because of massive playlisting 

It's not a hate thread, please don't take it that way. It's just an interesting observation. I like Ariana. She's still one of the biggest pop star nowadays, obviously! But what do you think about all of that?

In my opinion it can mean nothing and it can mean that people don't **** with her anymore and she's on a good way to become a flop :emma: Probably because people got tired of her releasing song after song and she can't build the hype for new things.

But well her last #1 with The Weeknd on Hot 100 wasn't long time ago... only few months ago. Good for both of them! Things like that happen to artists - when they don't do as well as before but it doesn't mean their career is over. When it comes to Ariana, it obviously can get worse but there's a big possibility that it means nothing at all and her next era will be huge. We will have to wait and see! 

Ariana Grande stuns in statuesque crop-top for heartbreaking The Voice  episode | HELLO!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Isn’t she on a break?!…  ??…  :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:   :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

No, she's on The Voice, on next Netflix movie ''Don't Look Up'', she releases a lot of ''side-project'' songs. But I really don't hear about her as much as before in news. I follow two accounts about her and that's my source.

I'm excited for Don't Look Up as it has full of great actors and celebs :emma:

• Love 1

She hardly is doing any promotion though, she is testing her waters into different businesses it takes time Ariana is very young and yes she does have a huge playlisting I agree but her hits are legit hits I am not a fan of hers and even I know her songs everyone does her hits have very huge reach. She's not a pure sales artist, she came under Streaming era same you'll see for Dua etc too doesn't mean they are flops though! Ariana managed to have her 2nd peak with Thank U Next it was a massive success for her and even with flop Positions after a year it's one of the most streamed songs on Apple music and never leaves the global Spotify chart too! Right now taylor is doing the best on streaming but people need to keep in mind she released 2 album this year (re-recordings) with 30+26 songs of course she will do good! 

Ariana broke spotify debut record with Thank u next from only 12 songs doing 70m on a day, I am not a fan but her success is undeniable also the fact that she's been recognised by legends like Aretha and Mariah! 

• Love 5
  • Like 2
17 minutes ago, Prachi said:

She hardly is doing any promotion though, she is testing her waters into different businesses it takes time Ariana is very young and yes she does have a huge playlisting I agree but her hits are legit hits I am not a fan of hers and even I know her songs everyone does her hits have very huge reach. She's not a pure sales artist, she came under Streaming era same you'll see for Dua etc too doesn't mean they are flops though! Ariana managed to have her 2nd peak with Thank U Next it was a massive success for her and even with flop Positions after a year it's one of the most streamed songs on Apple music and never leaves the global Spotify chart too! Right now taylor is doing the best on streaming but people need to keep in mind she released 2 album this year (re-recordings) with 30+26 songs of course she will do good! 

Ariana broke spotify debut record with Thank u next from only 12 songs doing 70m on a day, I am not a fan but her success is undeniable also the fact that she's been recognised by legends like Aretha and Mariah! 

Thanks for your comment! 

She is fine, she does not always need numbers numbers numbers. She's on a well deserved break from releasing a full project. She's been releasing albums every year like Rihanna did back in the day and each album has been successful as Rihanna's albums were. She was a great coach on The Voice. It even surprised me. Also, she recently got married so she chooses to keep her personal love life out of the spotlight after having so many relationships IN the spotlight. She's really happy. At this point in her career she is not having to prove anything to anyone. She is making a name for herself as a Pop Icon. :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

• Love 3
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, Prachi said:

She hardly is doing any promotion though, she is testing her waters into different businesses it takes time Ariana is very young and yes she does have a huge playlisting I agree but her hits are legit hits

Ok but 28 is not considered “very young” in the music industry 

• Like 1

Lack of quality, positions is just not the quality-content, we are used to. A snoozefest! 

I miss the Yours Truly and Dangerous Woman Ariana, even Thank You, Next is on another level. 

Yours Truly was a manufactured album by producers, yes! But the right songs! Dangerous Woman is not entirely good, but with some outstanding tracks. 

Girl, i know you love your RNB-thing, but it's not gonna work out for you! 

• Like 2

Her issue is overexposure, and her last album SUCKED! Positions was a terrible album and was too soon after TUN. Also, she still doesn’t have a classic/signature song that she can sing for the rest of her life. At this juncture, “7 Rings” is her most successful single and who wants to see a 70 year old Ariana sing “7 Rings” as she accepts her lifetime achievement award?

:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe: So, she needs a solid two years out of the spotlight 

• Like 1

This post reminds me of the time the media reported that then“Britney” Album was a flop:sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

shes not super humans, she is in no way failing, she’s very successful but doesn’t mean she will always be on top. That’s a lot of pressure too.

also I will say this regarding the voice, Ariana’s fans are young and have no interest in watching singing competition shows. 

also I loved the positions album but I understand the criticism it received being so short trying to hard to fit in to the TikTok era

her changing face- well people have eyes and when yourre in the public eye people will notice when you do extreme changes to your face and look. And she does look quite different now compared to how she looked a year ago in the positions video, and that stuff just naturally shocked people and causes conversation 

Right now (but just right now) she's okay, but she's on the market since almost 9 years. It's time for her to flop - she's not Beyonce and Taylor Swift. Actually for having THAT VOICE she is not even trying to show it - only sweet rnb friendly songs, how long it can last? Almost everybody after 10 years is starting to flop. She needs to finally show something diffrent, did she release even a one ballad in her career? For what reason she's not using her voice - she could be another Mariah, Celine, Christina vocalist. She's starting to become boring

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block