Doja Cat is a leader in the "Woman" music video

bitbitboi

I can't believe this has been out more than an hour ago and I didn't find it here already. So has Exhale decided to sleep on Doja now?? :gunriah_mariah_carey:

From Genius:
"True to its name, the opening track of Planet Her is an afrobeats ode to the divine feminine in which Doja discusses the different roles women and, in this case, Doja herself, inhabit within society, praising the way women are able to move in and out of each of them with ease.
The lyrics go from a message to a male lover, reminding him of all of the great things Doja can offer him as a woman, to a broader appreciation of all that women are capable of and the struggles they have to endure because of their gender."

The verses are fire:

[Verse 1]
What you need?
She give tenfold, come here, papa, plant your seed
She can grow it from her womb, a family
Provide lovin' overlooked and unappreciated, you see (Yeah)
You can reciprocate
I got delicious taste, you need a woman's touch in your place
Just protect her and keep her safe
Baby, worship my hips and waist
So feminine with grace
I touch your soul when you hear me say, "Boy"
Let me be your woman

[Verse 2]
I can be your lady, I'm a woman
I'm a mother****er, but they got a problem
Put some babies in your life and take away the drama
Put that paper in the picture like a diorama
Gotta face a lot of people of the opposite
'Cause the world told me, "We ain't got the common sense"
Gotta prove it to myself that I'm on top of ****
And you will never know a god without the goddesses
Honest, it's ****' honest, get
And I could be on everything
I mean I could be the leader, head of all the states
I could smile and jiggle it 'til his pockets empty
I could be the CEO, just look at Robyn Fenty
And I'ma be there for you 'cause you on my team, girl
Don't ever think you ain't hella these *****s dream girl
They wanna pit us against each other
When we succeedin' for no reasons
They wanna see us end up like we Regina on Mean Girls
Princess or queen, tomboy or king (Yeah)
You've heard a lot, you've never seen (Nah)
Mother Earth, Mother Mary rise to the top
Divine feminine, I'm feminine (Why?)

Written by: Aynzli Jones, Jidenna, Lydia Asrat, Linden Jay, Aaron Horn, Yeti Beats & Doja Cat

• Love 2

I'm sorry, it's just hard for me to take the whole "feminism" angle seriously when she's been working side by side with Dr. Luke for the past couple years, aka a man who has been known to body shame women and who's allegedly raped one. How can you encourage feminism while working with someone who is the antithesis of feminism?

• Love 1
  • Like 2
23 minutes ago, Style. said:

The only Nicki true and broken son is that toothless bird who can’t rap or write. WRITE A RAP and stop giving ******s to DJ! :emma:

:mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated: I was giving Nicki a compliment and said Doja is trying to be her. :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde: This further proves the barbz thrive on being toxic. Happy holidays. :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: May you have the year you deserve. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

16 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

:mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated: I was giving Nicki a compliment and said Doja is trying to be her. :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde: This further proves the barbz thrive on being toxic. Happy holidays. :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: May you have the year you deserve. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

This response further proves how not everyone is using their brains. First of all, Nicki uses the ‘son’ line to make fun/mock her competition. Second of all, I had to come in Doja’s defense because she’s actually talented and cite Nicki as her main inspiration so there’s no need for you to be ill slick towards her and call her a Nicki son. Doja didn’t stutter when asked about Nicki’s influence - she’s loud and proud and it’s called influence. You can say it, there’s no shame in being influenced by the greatest female rapper dead and alive. Third of all, the only bich that’s a Nicki SON in the most evident way is Cardiana Herpes Benedict who had been been bought to switch on Nicki. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

I’m not toxic, I’m just using my brain and stan a clever Queen! Imagine being you right now and thinking you did something with your lil’ wish. I wish you nothing but to check Spotify STATS and see how Nicki is surpassing Cardi and Megan put together in 2021. Jaw dropped! Again! #SADPONNY  :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block