When did Britney stop working with Big Rob and Why

rik

They stopped working together in 2003, according to reports.

Apparently, he was let go at (or around) the same time as her former manager Johnny Wright got the boot.

Shortly thereafter, Larry was fired by Britney, and Larry’s protege Dan Dymtrow became her manager.

Us Weekly reports Britney Spears ’bodyguard Big Rob“ felt betrayed ”after the singer decided to use another security company.  Rob says, “[Her team] questioned my ability to take care [of Britney].  I worked 24 hours a day, seven days a week.  I gave her 180 percent of her. "  He added, ”When a client wants to go out, you can’t do anything about it unless it’s a hostage or safety risk.  You can't stop her de ella or Janet Jackson, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez.  You cannot control someone over 21 years old. "  Britney’s rep told the mag that the singer is only “taking an extended break” from Big Rob.

https://popdirt.com/big-rob-felt-betrayed-by-britney-spears-security-change/17359/

• Love 1
  • Like 7
41 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Britney started canning everyone herself at a certain point.

Anyone who didn't like Kevin got the boot.

Britney and Kfed started dating at the beginning of her Onyx hotel tour (spring 2004)—as documented in Britney & Kevin Chaotic. 
This article about Rob is from June 2003–so his removal was pre K-fed. The article is interesting-it seems to imply that Brit’s team was mad that Rob wouldn’t stop her from going out. It seems like team Brit wanted security to exercise more control over her, a la Blackbox. 

side note, just rewatched Britney & Kevin chaotic, and it is TV gold. I cannot believe it was so thoroughly panned. Some of it is silly, but what else would you expect from a 23 year old?

• Like 7
On 11/26/2021 at 6:22 AM, Blfc1 said:

Britney and Kfed started dating at the beginning of her Onyx hotel tour (spring 2004)—as documented in Britney & Kevin Chaotic. 
This article about Rob is from June 2003–so his removal was pre K-fed. The article is interesting-it seems to imply that Brit’s team was mad that Rob wouldn’t stop her from going out. It seems like team Brit wanted security to exercise more control over her, a la Blackbox. 

side note, just rewatched Britney & Kevin chaotic, and it is TV gold. I cannot believe it was so thoroughly panned. Some of it is silly, but what else would you expect from a 23 year old?

Yes indeed, it couldn’t have anything to do with Kevin if Big Rob had already left Britney’s side in 2003, almost a year before Britney would meet her future ex-husband (as you pointed out).

On side note, I am beginning to think maybe ONE of the reasons why Britney fired Larry the first time was because he wasn’t “into” Kevin and their relationship.

Larry & Brit parted ways in 2004 after Britney technically “ran off” with Larry’s protege Dan Dymtrow that same year.

We can be certain Dan was “very fond” of Kevin seeing that he was also K-Fed’s manager during and after his marriage to Britney, which at that point Britney went back to Larry.

Edited by Justin Woodpond
10 hours ago, Blfc1 said:

Oh PLEASE AS IF ROB AND FE WERE GONNA STOP HER. They went clubbing with her in New York, they knew she needed the downtime. God bless rob , and tbh Larry should’ve been long gone by ITZ. Useless man legit did nothing for her career past Baby One More Time

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Yes indeed, it couldn’t have anything to do with Kevin if Big Rob had already left Britney’s side in 2003, almost a year  before Britney would meet her future ex-husband (as you pointed out).

On the other hand, I am beginning to think one of the reasons why Britney fired Larry the first time was because he wasn’t “into” Kevin. They parted ways in 2004 after Britney and Dan Dymtrow technically “ran off” together that same year. Dan had been Larry’s protege since 1997 and Vice President of Reindeer Entertainment between 2002-2004.

We can be certain Dan was fond of Kevin, because he was also K-Fed’s manager during and after his marriage to Britney.

Hmmmmm

11 hours ago, AP4 said:

I thought it was because of Kevin…that he hated Kevin. He stopped working with her around that time and he went on to work with the Jonas brothers during that time I believe. I could be thinking of a different body guard though. 

He did go with the Jonas brothers but that was around 07 ish 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block