Britney calls out Christina Aguilera and thanks Lady Gaga

8 minutes ago, LaVieBoheme said:

Unpopular opinion but if she has an issue with Christina she needs to address her directly in private, like an adult. 
Not on Instagram like a middle schooler. 
However I realize it’s tricky since she hasn’t had the luxury of developing her social skills on the same timeline as a lot of people. 

Or maybe she can express herself however the **** she wants. 

• Love 6

I think what people need to remember is that Britney’s oppressors thrived in the culture silence. Some said nothing out of fear of repercussions (legal and otherwise) though some chose not to get involved because it seemed messy and they could dismiss it as not their problem.

I’m not going to pretend to know what Christina was thinking here. She doesn’t come off great in the video, but there was a lot going on. That said, I don’t think we can even begin to understand how hard it might be for Britney to watch anyone pass on saying something, especially when given the opportunity. For over a decade she watched nearly everyone say nothing.

Britney is also not here to make us comfortable. The whole point in her being free is that she can speak her own truth and live life on her own terms. We don’t have to understand or approve. For the first time in over 13 years, if she has something to say, she can say it, and that in and of itself is a miracle.

• Love 2
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Also, Britney is gonna 'mess' up more than once simply because she doesn't know HOW to live a life where she doesn't have to filter everything. This woman couldn't get too close with producers let alone she knows how to act around people.

But I hate how we and the media all immediately call her out for it. LET HER MAKE THESE MISTAKES. Let her grow for heaven's sake.

YES! I also think that Britney - whenever she feels ready -  needs to hire a trustable social media team to help her navigate the social media world and provide her with all the facts. 

• Love 3

I think what people don't understand about Britney's anger is that many celebrities who had even a feeling about how corrupt Britney's situation was stayed silent all those years. If any of them even had any doubt about the cship then they should have spoken up in those 13 years. Britney has yet to begun her wrath imo. Even when the Free Britney movement was just starting out only Miley and maybe a few other celebrities acknowledged it. Britney is calling out Xtina for being silent in this interview and for being silent all those 13 years. Many celebrities who interacted with Britney and knew her situation continued to stay silent. Honestly I'm ashamed at many of them myself. Even though they knew that Britney's situation was corrupt, deep down they must have felt threatened by her to not speak up for her. It should have never taken this long so that eventually fans would notice something and act on it. Britney is mad at those people who should have spoken up if they knew something was wrong and they didn't. I think Gaga was right when she said that we really let her down. I'm glad that at least she is acknowledging her mistake.

• Love 5
  • Like 3
26 minutes ago, LaVieBoheme said:

Unpopular opinion but if she has an issue with Christina she needs to address her directly in private, like an adult. 
Not on Instagram like a middle schooler. 
However I realize it’s tricky since she hasn’t had the luxury of developing her social skills on the same timeline as a lot of people. 

Making fun of someone's mental health who was abused to believe that they are there just to make other people money is not cool. Many who stayed silent on Britney's situation deserve the backlash.

• Love 2

Those saying Britney is the new Taylor Swift & expects everyone to sympathize with her -- I couldn't disagree more.

At the top of the post, she expressed gratitude for those who voiced their support. This could be a reference to Christina's statement during the summer.

It was the outright dismissal of the topic from Christina & her publicist in this very moment that hurt Britney. Which comes AFTER her words of support. 

I'm pretty sure Britney does not care if Hollywood starlet #917291 doesn't speak on her. Especially when she has entire legion of fans advocating for her. We are enough and don't need ANYONE's approval.

It was evidently the behavior displayed in this video alone that ticked her off. And understandably so.

• Love 2
  • Like 5
3 minutes ago, Body ache said:

Making fun of someone's mental health who was abused to believe that they are there just to make other people money is not cool. Many who stayed silent on Britney's situation deserve the backlash.

Her calling out people who have not helped her instead of calling out the people who did this to her is kind of dumb.

Seriously, she could help others by spoiling the tea on all of these involved but she doesn't.

Somebody call her out for not speaking out more loudly🤷🏼‍♂️

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, pieceofphil said:

Her calling out people who have not helped her instead of calling out the people who did this to her is kind of dumb.

Seriously, she could help others by spoiling the tea on all of these involved but she doesn't.

Somebody call her out for not speaking out more loudly🤷🏼‍♂️

What gives you the right to call someone dumb? Bringing up your opinion on a person's mental health to justify your wrong opinion is not right.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Body ache said:

I think what people don't understand about Britney's anger is that many celebrities who had even a feeling about how corrupt Britney's situation was stayed silent all those years. If any of them even had any doubt about the cship then they should have spoken up in those 13 years. Britney has yet to begun her wrath imo. Even when the Free Britney movement was just starting out only Miley and maybe a few other celebrities acknowledged it. Britney is calling out Xtina for being silent in this interview and for being silent all those 13 years. Many celebrities who interacted with Britney and knew her situation continued to stay silent. Honestly I'm ashamed at many of them myself. Even though they knew that Britney's situation was corrupt, deep down they must have felt threatened by her to not speak up for her. It should have never taken this long so that eventually fans would notice something and act on it. Britney is mad at those people who should have spoken up if they knew something was wrong and they didn't. I think Gaga was right when she said that we really let her down. I'm glad that at least she is acknowledging her mistake.

Briney's ex trashed her in the media and he and Christina instantly went on tour together and posed in pics like they were lovers. Sorry, I'd hate the girl as well if I was Britney. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 7
28 minutes ago, maki93 said:

I also can't help but wonder whether Christina's publicist knew what he was doing. They definitely expected Britney questions, and he know Xtina dodging a Britney question in that way will bring so much press and attention to the matter. Britney may have just delivered what they wanted on a silver plate. At the end of the day, any publicity is good publicity.  

I was about to type the same damn thing. I feel like so much of this **** is calculated for maximum exposure. I sure as hell didn’t know she had an album coming out. Now I do.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, OneTrackMind said:

What exactly did Christina do that made Britney so mad? I really doubt that they have spoken in the last 5 years, she has been sheltered and controlled so how could Christina, even if she knew about the situation more than us, even help her? How could she even reach out to her? 
They aren't even friends, why is Christina supposed to save someone who doesn't even like her? I don't understand the hate that this forum has for her when she didn't even do anything? And funny thing how some of yall overanalyze EVERYTHING. "OHH she put her mouth this way which means she's lying" "Oh why couldn't she say more?" Why should she? Isn't saying that she's happy for her enough? But!!! When she talks more about her, yall come for her saying she's using Britney.

And GAGA said NOTHING!!!! THE WHOLE TIME!!! But she's praised??? What about Miley? Or Cher? Why aren't they praised? 

She should be lashing out towards her family, management and her ex-husband, you know, the people who put her into this mess for 13 damn years AND benefitted from it. What has Christina to do with it? 

Oh and anyone who doesn't agree with EVERYTHING Britney says or feels is obviously Team Con, right? I'm sorry, but this whole mess isn't needed nor do both of them gain something. All I see is stans from both sides insulting each other. And you know what? When you outside your stan bubble, the gp is on Christina's side. And you know why? Because this is so damn random and undeserving. If she lashed out at her sister, it'd have been different.

This is so well put.

Tbh, I have often considered Britney to be quite immature and “stuck”. She often references aspects and perspectives that are no longer current in 2021. This is only validated with her relatively unjust attack on Christina, someone from her past. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.