The Spice Girls upload 'Wannabe' lyric video

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Victoria's letters only appearing in the chorus :orangu_orangutan_ape: 

I never understood why she didn't sing at least a line from the verses 

Cos she was at a wedding. 

Plus she said in their book girl power. 

The song isn't really posh, she has a point..

She could never fit that song. 

Ironically she performed the song after Geri left in 1998, and it felt odd. She doesn't capture the spirit. 

The other 3 were jumping around and being mad, which was their essence. and she's wearing heels. Singing if you really bug me then I'll say goodbye. Yeah that's not her proper fit at all 

She made a valid point. It's not a posh song. But she knew it had to be the first single or else it wouldn't worked out for them.. that's the crash the party on boy bands and oasis. The girls have arrived to take over the world. Which sadly is the last British invasion ever to happen in that magnitude. 

6 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Cos she was at a wedding. 

Plus she said in their book girl power. 

The song isn't really posh, she has a point..

She could never fit that song. 

Ironically she performed the song after Geri left in 1998, and it felt odd. She doesn't capture the spirit. 

The other 3 were jumping around and being mad, which was their essence. and she's wearing heels. Singing if you really bug me then I'll say goodbye. Yeah that's not her proper fit at all 

She made a valid point. It's not a posh song. But she knew it had to be the first single or else it wouldn't worked out for them.. that's the crash the party on boy bands and oasis. The girls have arrived to take over the world. Which sadly is the last British invasion ever to happen in that magnitude. 

I remember that performance but I don't think it was that odd. Spice Girls in general wasn't posh music, but Victoria still fitted, because she was that different ingredient in the mix that made the whole combination unique. Like you don't have to be jumping through the stage and have a wild and extroverted personality to like and sing a fun song. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: The epitome of that was the 2012 performance at the Olympics. 

It actually feels weirder to see current Geri perform that song nowadays, with her new persona, especially her ballad rendition of the song lol 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block