Is Britney music still an escapism or is it tainted

May seem a little selfish to say but given all we’ve discovered about Britney both before and after conservatorship … it saddens me from the point that I can no longer feel as nostalgic or happy when watching or listening to her music. It feels kind of tainted and her music/career was always a kind of a escapism … like a happy place .. and it’s no longer that for me … 

i know Britney said she hopes her legacy is that she made people happy … and she definitely did .

But I wonder if she’ll ever try to recapture her brand and speak of the good times. Does anyone get what I’m saying or feel the same way? 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LizeS_ said:

I still listen to her music everyday and enjoy. These times we live in are too dark to give up our few escapisms, and at the end of the day I think she's still proud of her music and her work. 

Excellent way to word it imo.

I can see taking a break for people that feel uncomfortable. This is quite a complicated situation. This isn't just a case of the artist laughing off a work and saying "Oh, I hated that album!" "I thought that song was such utter **** but everybody voted me down and it ended up on the album." This was something more than that and I can see where people would question/think stuff like what you're posting/thinking, OP.

• Love 2

It’s still an escape for me, I still listen to her regularly, I still love it, I’m not about to let Team CON ruin her incredible work even the stuff made during the con for me, as far as I’m concerned doing so would just be a win for them. At the end of the day, Britney was the one doing the work certainly not team CON, I’m not about to let that have been for nothing.

• Like 3

My mind usually goes to; ‘’what would Britney want?’’. 

Option, A] Her fans to feel sorry for her and not to get any joy out of her music

OR,  the most likely option:

B] Listen to her amazing music with passion and nostalgia, as we simultaneously stick up for her human rights

Her music has never been the issue. Not to her and not to us. I mean, Glory was recorded during the thick of the conservatorship, and it seems like Britney genuinely loves that record. Enjoy the music, enjoy the JOY, but just don’t support her trash family or anyone that has benefited from the conservatorship. I think that’s what Britney would want. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block