Britney’s aunt exposing Jamie tomorrow on UK TV

2 hours ago, sweeetyme said:

I agree with you. I wouldn't hate on ppl that were scared. But why would Laura Lynne for example be scared? She doesn't rely on Jamie for income. He won't kill her.. she's family. What can he do to her?

I’m not saying that Laura Lynne or whoever all else shouldn’t have spoken out.

But it is wrong to think that people shouldn’t be worried about someone harming them because “they’re family.” 

People, especially women, get killed by male relatives/spouses/boyfriends all the time. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Britney has to speak up first for others to speak up.

We all didn’t know how much she was against the conservatorship until 6/23! She displayed her public life as happy and carefree!

To speak on behalf of a woman who was saying she was fine would be taking away her voice again … Britney needed to speak first about her own life and girl is private and like she said she didn’t think anyone would believe her. If people wouldn’t believe Britney they’re gonna believe randos? 

Iggy said stuff and was torn apart by this fanbase, the British X factor guy said stuff as well , plus countless meet and greet stories… it’s not easy for the public and us fans to hear she was a prisoner .. we didn’t want to believe it was that bad  

but we all knew she was in a conservatorship and bought the brand …  even made mood ring go number 1, were complicit as much as anyone … but it was hard to see through it all when she’s dancing to express yourself by Madonna with her niece saying she’s the happiest she’s ever been .. and it’s not any ones place it call her a liar 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, sweeetyme said:

I agree with you. I wouldn't hate on ppl that were scared. But why would Laura Lynne for example be scared? She doesn't rely on Jamie for income. He won't kill her.. she's family. What can he do to her?

And you're right it was the right time etc. But still.. noone would have said: omg Laura Lynn is lying. She's doing it to become famous or get clout. Cos Laura Lynn never did anything for clout. I think people would have believed her.

But being scared implies much more than being scared for your own life or income. I can be scared, for example that my actions will have negative consequences in someone else's life, or that I'm not gonna be believed, or I may believe my testimony will be useless.

We know for a fact Britney suffered the consequences by being even more isolated when people wanted to help her. So, as Tish said in 'Controlling...', people who loved Britney and knew something was off with her team didn't speak up because then they would be cut off and Britney would be even more alone. At least by being in her life they felt they could help in a day to day basis by making her days or her work brighter, but speaking up would be probably useless and only cause further damage to Britney. We forget, most people didn't have hard evidence or arguments that would hold the narrative against the con, only anecdotes and personal opinions that it wasn't good to her.

Don't get me wrong, I would looove for Laura Lynne and the others to tell what she's seen but sadly, I doubt she's had meaningful contact with B during these years, she probably has had much more contact with JL and Lynne and has been constantly told the arrangement was all ok because Britney really needed it, and she may not know that much about the abuse.

Sometimes, even if things feel off, it's not until everything blows up that you're able to fit the pieces and say "of course, now it all make sense"

• Love 1
On 10/15/2021 at 5:55 PM, Tara_isa said:

I'm so tired of all the "why didn't they speak before?" comments... lots of people have said that Jaimie is a scary man (that's why he was in charge of the conservatorship!), also whenever someone spoke up before they were quickly dismissed (even by fans!) and the news buried.

Remember there was leaked audio of Britney herself asking a lawyer for help and saying she was being blackmailed with custody of her children and nobody batted an eye? Plus she was fighting in court and several judges did absolutely nothing. If that didn't help her case, do you guys really think these nobodies saying "I think Britney Spears is being mistreated by her father" before the collapse of team con in last couple of years would've made any difference?

ADVERTISING

Skip
Ads by

I too wish people would've been vocal earlier, but it's totally understandable why they didn't. Even now people are doubting testimonies saying anyone who speaks now is doing it for clout, imagine what would have been the reaction to a random aunt talking about Britney on tv in, say, 2013. Don't be naive. 

All of this. And also there were other variants that weren't put into equation. For example,  how long did it take for the #freebritney movement to catch on? How long it took for the narrative to be on Britney's favour? Took 13 bloody years. For 13 years, even people who wanted to speak up couldn't come forward until Britney's heartbreaking Court testimony. 

Any exposure regarding this case is a win for us and Britney. 

• Love 3